Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Plea Bargains Freeze Proceedings of Car Wash Defendants
There were 11 defendants; today they are 10 informers. Penal proceedings begun by Judge Sergio Moro ended up left out in the Car Wash (Lava Jato) trials in the state of Paraná after a series of plea bargains were signed since last year.
Published on 12/18/2017 - 12h02
- Volkswagen Admits to Having Cooperated with Brazilian Dictatorship
A report that was requested by Volkswagen concluded that the security department of the Brazil affiliate cooperated with the country's military dictatorship.
Published on 12/15/2017 - 11h31
- Amazonas Authorizes Prospecting Along the Madeira River
A month and a half after the attacks against offices of Ibama, the Brazilian Institute of the Environment and Renewable Natural Resources, and ICMBio, the Chico Mendes Institute for Biodiversity Conservation, in Humaitá (700 kilometers from Manaus), Governor Amazonino Mendes (PDT) granted environmental licenses to cooperatives in the region, where gold is prospected along the Madeira river.
Published on 12/14/2017 - 11h09
- Ex-President Lula Says He Will Fight 'Until the End' to Run for President
On Wednesday, December 13, former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said he will not hide behind a candidacy and that he will fight "until the end" to run for president of Brazil in 2018.
Published on 12/14/2017 - 10h50
- Reports Contradict Construction Company Odebrecht and Show Overpricing
At least 15 official expert investigations conducted by accounting courts and the Federal Police question the version issued by construction company Odebrecht, and its executives, claiming the company did not overprice projects included in the plea bargain agreements executed with the Prosecutor General's Office.
Published on 12/13/2017 - 10h41
- Appeals Court Schedules Decision on Brazil's Ex-President Lula for January 24
The TRF-4 regional appeals court in Porto Alegre has scheduled the trial of former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, regarding the triplex apartment case, for January 24.
Published on 12/13/2017 - 10h30
- Former Temer Aide Rocha Loures Named as Defendant in Corruption Probe
On Monday (the 11th) Judge Jaime Travassos Sarinho, from the 10th Federal Court in Brasília, admitted the charge of accepting a bribe against form aide to President Michel Temer, Rodrigo Rocha Loures (PMDB-PR party).
Published on 12/12/2017 - 11h21
- Only 1 in 10 Elite Schools in the Enem Exam Are Public
Public schools are still having difficulty guaranteeing that their students get high marks on Enem (National High School Exam).
Published on 12/12/2017 - 11h09
- Ministers to Be Investigated for Rides Conceded on Brazilian Air Force Flights
The ethics committee of the Presidency opened an investigation into six ministers in order to determine whether they irregularly offered rides to family members and lobbyists on Brazilian Air Force flights.
Published on 12/12/2017 - 11h02
- Supreme Court Justice Lifts Bank Secrecy of Senator Aécio Neves
Justice Marco Aurélio Mello of Brazil's Supreme Court (STF), lifted the banking secrecy of senator Aécio Neves (PSDB-MG), his sister Andrea Neves, his cousin Frederico Pacheco and that of Mendherson de Souza, a former aide of senator Zezé Perrella (PMDB-MG).
Published on 12/08/2017 - 11h40