Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazil's Government to Intervene in Rio Security Amid Violence
Brazilian President Michel Temer has declared that the federal government will be intervening in the public security of Rio de Janeiro.
Published on 02/16/2018 - 11h22
- TV Presenter Luciano Huck States He Will Not Run for President
TV Presenter Luciano Huck confirmed he will not run for President this year, as previously stated in an article published by Folha in November. He will make the announcement on Friday (16th).
Published on 02/16/2018 - 11h19
- Brazil's Defense Minister Declares Scenes of Violence in Rio During Carnival to Be "Unacceptable"
Brazilian Defense Minister Raul Jungmann said on Wednesday (the 14th) that scenes of violence seen in Rio de Janeiro during Carnival "are inadmissible and unacceptable" and have "a major impact on the government".
Published on 02/15/2018 - 10h52
- 41% of Timber Exploited in Mato Grosso Is Illegal, Study Shows
The result of a system vulnerable to frauds, 41% of the timber exploited in the Brazilian state of Mato Grosso is in unauthorized areas.
Published on 02/15/2018 - 10h15
- Politicians Targeted by Revelers During Brazilian Carnival
Samba schools in Rio and Carnival blocks in Salvador, Recife and Belo Horizonte targeted politicians, the Judiciary branch and public policies in their "Carnival of protest".
Published on 02/14/2018 - 11h03
- Amazon's Fires Almost as Harmful to the Environment as Deforestation
Reducing the Amazon's deforestation was Brazil's greatest contribution to fight climate change in the past few decades, but such effort may be reduced to ashes, according to a new study.
Published on 02/14/2018 - 10h58
- Pro-Renewal Political Groups Expected to Launch 500 Candidates in Coming Election
Political movements that have emerged over the past months are seeking to renew the political landscape and launch at least 500 candidates for the October elections, joining different political parties to run for office.
Published on 02/13/2018 - 11h01
- Brazil's Carnival Has Men Wearing Anitta Costumes and Topless Women
One year after the feminist movements took to the streets and occupied the Internet, and Brazilian funk singer Anitta challenged the aesthetic standards in a music video clip showing her in a bikini made of electrical tape as well as her cellulites, Brazilian men and women decided to display their bodies openly in the carnival street band parades of São Paulo.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 11h18
- Opinion: Janis Joplin's Revels
The Rio de Janeiro carnival resurrected from the Sambadrome, where it had been buried for 30 years, and returned to the streets, which is where it belongs.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 10h57
- Protests and Celebrations Mark Rio-Based Carnival Block Cordão da Bola Preta's 100th Birthday
On its 100th birthday, the Cordão da Bola Preta carnival block brought together thousands of people in the streets of downtown Rio de Janeiro on the morning of Saturday, the 10th, while the traditional Galo da Madrugada block achieved a similar feat in the city of Recife.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 10h49