Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Politicians Targeted by Revelers During Brazilian Carnival
Samba schools in Rio and Carnival blocks in Salvador, Recife and Belo Horizonte targeted politicians, the Judiciary branch and public policies in their "Carnival of protest".
Published on 02/14/2018 - 11h03
- Amazon's Fires Almost as Harmful to the Environment as Deforestation
Reducing the Amazon's deforestation was Brazil's greatest contribution to fight climate change in the past few decades, but such effort may be reduced to ashes, according to a new study.
Published on 02/14/2018 - 10h58
- Pro-Renewal Political Groups Expected to Launch 500 Candidates in Coming Election
Political movements that have emerged over the past months are seeking to renew the political landscape and launch at least 500 candidates for the October elections, joining different political parties to run for office.
Published on 02/13/2018 - 11h01
- Brazil's Carnival Has Men Wearing Anitta Costumes and Topless Women
One year after the feminist movements took to the streets and occupied the Internet, and Brazilian funk singer Anitta challenged the aesthetic standards in a music video clip showing her in a bikini made of electrical tape as well as her cellulites, Brazilian men and women decided to display their bodies openly in the carnival street band parades of São Paulo.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 11h18
- Opinion: Janis Joplin's Revels
The Rio de Janeiro carnival resurrected from the Sambadrome, where it had been buried for 30 years, and returned to the streets, which is where it belongs.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 10h57
- Protests and Celebrations Mark Rio-Based Carnival Block Cordão da Bola Preta's 100th Birthday
On its 100th birthday, the Cordão da Bola Preta carnival block brought together thousands of people in the streets of downtown Rio de Janeiro on the morning of Saturday, the 10th, while the traditional Galo da Madrugada block achieved a similar feat in the city of Recife.
Published on 02/12/2018 - 10h49
- Ivete Sangalo to Miss Out on Carnival in Salvador for the First Time in 25 Years
This will be the first time in 25 years that singer Ivete Sangalo will be absent from Salvador's carnival. Normally, at this time of year Ms. Sangalo would be preoccupied with costumes and music trucks, but this time around she's openly talking about cribs and bedding. She is, after all, 8 months pregnant.
Published on 02/09/2018 - 11h22
- TV Presenter Luciano Huck to Announce if Running for President After Carnival
Brazilian network Rede Globo's presenter, Luciano Huck, will make a decision regarding a possible Presidential candidacy after Carnival.
Published on 02/09/2018 - 10h38
- Facebook Says It Wants 'High Quality' News
Facebook stated, on Thursday (8), that the changes to its algorithm are "decisive movements to ensure the news people see are informative and high quality."
Published on 02/09/2018 - 10h24
- Folha Decides to Stop Publishing Content on Facebook
Folha has stopped publishing its content on Facebook on Thursday (the 8th). The newspaper's page will remain online, but it will not be updated with new posts.
Published on 02/08/2018 - 13h02