Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Ex-Convict Who Turned Professor Leads Reading Projects in São Paulo
Itamar Xavier Camargo, 37, is an art professor, Master's Degree student, gives speeches and has even written a book.
Published on 03/16/2017 - 12h38
- Federal Prosecutor General Sends to the Supreme Court 83 Requests for Inquiries into Politicians Actions in Lava Jato (Car Wash) Investigation
At least five ministers in Michel Temer's government, the former presidents Lula and Dilma and the Presidents of Congress and the Senate are on the list of 83 requests for inquiries delivered to the Federal Supreme Court by the Brazilian General Federal Prosecutor, Rodrigo Janot.
Published on 03/15/2017 - 12h58
- Bananal: History Meets Nature in the Interior of São Paulo
Bananal attracts not only those who appreciate history but fans of nature tourism as well. 326 km and five toll-booths from the São Paulo Capital, it is known for its eighteenth-century mansions, dating from the coffee plantation period, and for natural beauty like waterfalls and a vast area of Atlantic forest.
Published on 03/02/2017 - 11h01
- Portela Is Rio's Carnaval Champion After 33 Years Wait
Portela broke a 33-year old streak fast and sacramented itself as Rio's Carnaval champion for the 22nd time in its history, during a year marked by serious accidents in the Sambódromo which left at least 30 people injured.
Published on 03/02/2017 - 10h55
- São Paulo Boosts Its Carnival Program
Carnival in São Paulo keeps expanding. The city is taking greater risks and scheduling more and more events during the holiday - a time of year when residents would typically go out of town.
Published on 02/03/2017 - 14h53
- Distributors of 'Aquarius' Did Not Submit the Movie to Oscar Awards
It was not the lack of interest of the American Academy of Motion Pictures Arts And Sciences that left the Brazilian movie 'Aquarius', directed by Kleber Mendonça Filho, out of the competition for a nomination in the 2017 Oscar awards announced on Tuesday, January 24. The movie never competed because it was not submitted by its distributor in the U.S.
Published on 01/26/2017 - 14h05
- Colonies Keep Foreign Culture and Dialect in Brazil's Countryside
It is difficult to understand what the women of Colombo, a city in the countryside of the Brazilian state of Paraná 15 kilometers from Curitiba, say.
Published on 01/02/2017 - 13h09
- Lead by Netflix, Streaming Media Service Subscriptions Double in Brazil
Between April and November of 2016, the percentage of Brazilian internauts who subscribe to entertainment services (video and music) on their smartphones doubled.
Published on 12/20/2016 - 23h27
- Closed for 20 Years, Hotel Designed by Oscar Niemeyer Reopens in Rio
If true luxury is in the localization, the reborn Hotel Nacional is ostentatious. Right next to the Dois Irmãos (Two Brothers) hillside, with an unobstructed view of the Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Stone), and just steps from the São Conrado (Saint Conrado) beach in Rio.
Published on 12/20/2016 - 10h54
- In 2013, Poet Ferreira Gullar Was Received Like a Pop Star in Paraty
"Lautaro was a thin arrow/ Elastic and blue..." The famous verses from Pablo Neruda came to mind when I saw Ferreira Gullar walking through the streets of Paraty in July of 2013.
Published on 12/06/2016 - 17h04