Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Troubles at ArtRio Reflects Current Crisis in Brazil's Art Market
There is no getting around the obstacles ahead for ArtRio, Rio de Janeiro's annual art fair. It's all stations go in the trendy warehouses that fringe the bay of Guanabara, the headquarters of the most important art event in Rio's calendar.
Published on 09/28/2016 - 12h24
- 'Little Secret' Will Represent Brazil at the Oscars
The feature film that Brazil chose to represent it at the upcoming Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category is a production that Brazil itself hasn't yet seen.
Published on 09/13/2016 - 10h35
- Most of the 16 Brazilian Submissions for the Oscars Are Dramas
Twelve dramas, two comedies ("Uma Loucura de Mulher" [A Crazy Woman] and "O Roubo da Taça" [The Theft of a Glass]), and two documentaries ("Menino 23" [Kid 23] and "O Começo da Vida" [The Beginning of Life) have been submitted to compete for a Brazilian spot in the Oscars.
Published on 09/06/2016 - 09h14
- Five Documentaries Show the Background of the Impeachment
Rousseff's lawyer in the impeachment process, José Eduardo Cardozo, entered the studio of a TV program surrounded by cameras and microphones. They belonged to the team of documentarist Petra Costa, of Minas Gerais, who followed him. "They follow me everywhere, they go to my house, my office," said Cardozo.
Published on 09/02/2016 - 10h43
- Old Recordings from the 1950s Reveal Brazil's Rich Musical History
A near-sacred ritual of the past: every Friday night, musicians gathered at the house of the França family, in the well-to-do suburb of Ipanema, in Rio.
Published on 08/10/2016 - 11h18
- Filmmaker Hector Babenco Dies at 70
On Wednesday night (the 13th), at 70, filmmaker Hector Babenco died.
Published on 07/14/2016 - 13h02
- Authors Caco Barcellos and Misha Glenny Speak Out in Defence of Their Work That Gives Voice to Drug Dealers
Why can't we immortalise the lives of drug dealers in literature, and tell their stories the same way we do for politicians or businessmen?
Published on 07/01/2016 - 11h18
- Brazilian Companies Named in Connection with Embezzlement of R$ 180 Million from Culture Sector
This Tuesday (28) the latest in a string of dramatic and revelatory probes exploded onto Brazil's consciousness: Operation Free Mouth.
Published on 06/29/2016 - 11h12
- Brazil's Celebs Criticise Government On-Stage
It's not unusual nowadays for famous faces to set trends: the latest fashions, must-have products and the like. However, in a radical plot twist, Brazilian performers have begun bringing politics onto the stage, unwittingly starting a craze among their showbiz cronies.
Published on 06/10/2016 - 10h50
- Tunga, 64, One of Brazil's Greatest Artists, Dies
Tunga, one of the best-known names in the Brazilian contemporary visual arts sphere, died this Monday (6). He was 64 years old and suffering from cancer.
Published on 06/07/2016 - 09h58