Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- São Paulo Mayor Doria Will End Haddad's Anti-Crack Program But Will Maintain Directed Actions
The administration of João Doria (PSDB), the new mayor elected in the city of São Paulo, will end the Braços Abertos (Open Arms) program, a mark of the Fernando Haddad (PT) administration, in the city's so-called Crackland - an area used by crack addicts for consumption.
Published on 10/24/2016 - 10h56
- São Paulo State Is Sentenced for Police Excessive Force during 2013 Demonstrations
The state of São Paulo was convicted in first instance for the violence used by the police officers who repressed the demonstrations that occurred in June 2013.
Published on 10/21/2016 - 11h59
- New Court Ruling Acquits Police Agents of Carandiru Massacre
A judge from Sao Paulo has reversed the verdicts that condemned 74 military police agents to long-term prison sentences for the massacre in Carandiru.
Published on 09/28/2016 - 11h59
- Project Instals Vertical Gardens in São Paulo Overpass
A study carried out in major São Paulo avenues in 2013 showed that they contain 500 windowless walls.
Published on 09/12/2016 - 12h47
- After Rivalry with Taxis, Uber Launches R$ 6-Fare and Alarms Bus Sector
Uber's strategy to encourage shared medium-distance rides in São Paulo city for the promotional price of R$ 6 (US$ 1.8), close to that of the tickets that include bus, subway and train on the same trip, alarmed businessmen of the mass transportation sector.
Published on 09/02/2016 - 10h26
- Uber Effect Makes Prices Fall, but Drivers Are Forced to Work Nearly 24 Hours in São Paulo
One year ago, São Paulo residents had basically two options when they wanted to get a car in the streets: taxi or Uber?
Published on 07/25/2016 - 10h19
- Violent Heist in Interior City of São Paulo Leaves One Policeman Dead
A road traffic policeman was killed while trying to prevent the armed robbery of a cash-transport firm in Ribeirão Preto (313km from Sao Paulo).
Published on 07/06/2016 - 10h14
- Four in Ten Missing Persons in São Paulo Are Children and Adolescents
Four in ten persons reported missing in the state of São Paulo over the past three years are children or adolescents, a new study has revealed.
Published on 07/04/2016 - 11h10
- Suspicious Military Police and Municipal Guard Action Results in Death of University Student in São Paulo
In an action full of gaps, the Military Police and the Municipal Civil Guard of São Caetano do Sul (Greater São Paulo) chased and killed a university student, shot in the head, in Vila Prudente, east side of São Paulo.
Published on 06/29/2016 - 10h09
- Two in Every Three Juvenile Offenders in São Paulo Have No Father Figure at Home
Tired of seeing his mother brutally beaten by his stepfather, student Filiphe Gomes, decided to confront the violent adult at the age of 12. He pulled out a knife and said he would not tolerate the situation any more.
Published on 06/27/2016 - 12h41