Advertising

Advertising

Latest Photo Galleries

FIFA World Cup Awards FIFA World Cup Awards

Published on 07/16/2014

Brazilian Markets

17h17

Bovespa

-2,55% 54,303

16h43

Gold

+0,00% 117

17h03

Dollar

+1,35% 2,4640

16h30

Euro

+0,49% 2,65250

Advertising

  • Federal Police to Start Testing Electronic Passport Control in Guarulhos

    Still in testing, a security express lane, for Brazilians entering and leaving the country, started working on Thursday (25) at Cumbica's International Airport in Guarulhos (Sao Paulo).

    Published on 09/26/2014 - 11h00

  • USP Spends More with Clerks Than with Professors

    Data obtained by Folha show that 62% of USP's expenses last year were used to pay clerks. The remaining 38%were spent with professors.

    Published on 09/22/2014 - 10h15

  • Eviction of Squatters Ends in Confrontation and Looting at Downtown São Paulo

    The reintegration of ownership from a building on São João Avenue, in downtown São Paulo, ended in clashes between squatters and police shock troops, store looting and vandalism, paralyzing some areas for more than 12 hours, on Tuesday (16).

    Published on 09/17/2014 - 09h01

  • USP Is the Best Brazilian University, Folha University Ranking Shows

    Despite undergoing a severe financial crisis, USP is the star of the third edition of RUF (Folha University Ranking), the broadest evaluation of the quality of the country's college institutions.

    Published on 09/08/2014 - 09h21

  • Stricken USP Considering Program of Voluntary Redundancies

    In a renewed attempt to address one of its most serious financial crises to date, the University of São Paulo (USP) is considering the implementation of a program of voluntary redundancies, as well as incentives for teachers that manage to reduce their working hours.

    Published on 08/14/2014 - 10h10

  • 2.1 Million People in São Paulo Live Under Water Rationing

    The state of São Paulo is currently suffering its worst water crisis in decades. More than two million people are currently under water rationing - this is equal to one in twenty in Brazil's most populous state.

    Published on 08/11/2014 - 10h55

  • Despite the Largest Reserves of Fresh Water on the Planet, Brazil Is Undergoing a Water Crisis

    'Why, Nature, waste thy wonders on such men?' asked Lord Byron, in the guise of his protagonist Childe Harold, when he visited Portugal in 1812. Joaquim Bonifácio expressed similar sentiments the year of Brazil's independence: 'Nature has done everything in our favor; we, however, have done little or nothing in hers.'

    Published on 08/05/2014 - 10h00

  • Items Found with Arrested Activists Are Not Explosives, Report Says

    The items found with arrested demonstrators last June 23 during a protest against the World Cup were not explosives, technical reports say. Arrested for being accused of leading violent protests, the activists are defendants being processed for conspiracy, possession of explosives and incitement of crime, among other offenses.

    Published on 08/05/2014 - 09h03

  • Number of Complaints against Brazilians who "Take Off" with Kids Grows

    He accuses his ex-wife of going to Brazil on holiday and never bringing their kids back to Argentina, where the family lived. She maintains that the father abandoned the kids in Rio when he went back to Buenos Aires alone. He says he cries every time he thinks of how much time he's been away from his children. She gets angry and threatens to sue anyone who publishes details of this story.

    Published on 08/04/2014 - 08h04

  • Santa Casa Agrees to Audit and Reopens with Government Help

    A day after closing its accident and emergency unit due to lack of resources, the Santa Casa Hospital of São Paulo accepted an offer of financial assistance from the state and will resume its normal services.

    Published on 07/24/2014 - 10h05