Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Campaign by City Hall Against Graffiti Reignites "Spray Paint War" in São Paulo
Holding up a can of spray paint, Mayor João Doria (Brazilian Social Democracy Party) painted over a wall on Avenida 23 de Maio (May 23 Avenue) in gray and declared: "São Paulo is undertaking a major campaign against graffiti sprayers".
Published on 01/17/2017 - 11h44
- São Paulo Mayor Creates 'Fine' for Commissioners Who Arrive Late at Meetings
The new mayor of São Paulo, João Doria (PSDB), created a "fine" for the municipal commissioners who arrive late at meetings.
Published on 01/05/2017 - 10h39
- Armed Man Invades Home and Kills Ex-wife, Son and 10 Others in Campinas
A family New Year's Eve gathering ended in tragedy in a home in Campinas, in São Paulo's interior.
Published on 01/02/2017 - 15h39
- São Silvestre Road Race in São Paulo Will Have Longer Downtown Stretches
The 92nd edition of the São Silvestre road race - one of the most traditional races of the sort in Latin America - will alter its 15-kilometer course. The race will be this Saturday (the 31st).
Published on 12/30/2016 - 13h20
- São Paulo City Hall Will Reduce Uber Fees for More Female Drivers
The São Paulo City Hall wants to encourage Uber and its competitors to have more female drivers as well as vehicles adapted to take disabled people and car pool rides.
Published on 12/30/2016 - 12h31
- Lack of Funds, Lights and Decoration Makes Christmas 'Disappear' from the Streets of São Paulo
Where is Christmas? With little decoration, money and excitement to go shopping, the celebration virtually disappeared from the streets of São Paulo.
Published on 12/22/2016 - 18h28
- Pompous, Açaí Berry Boat Serving Tray With Up to 16 Ingredients Becomes Trendy in Brazilian Beaches
It is one big party on the sand and perhaps that could be the definition of the newest recipe for the açaí berry served on the beach - on a huge boat serving tray and mixed with virtually everything.
Published on 12/19/2016 - 14h30
- Brazilian Artist Wants to Use Dance to Fight Racism
Sporting a crop top, short shorts and a high-top fade, Val Souza strolls into Sesc Pompeia's open venue, gliding her portable cooler decorated with pink and green LED strip lights.
Published on 12/09/2016 - 02h27
- Brazilian Musician Becomes Uber Driver and Offers Love Advice to Clients
Any passenger who enters Fernando Alves de Lima's Uber could gain, in addition to the customary water and mints, a small show.
Published on 12/05/2016 - 10h26
- Interlagos Race Track Is a Gem and Could Even Have Buildings, Says Future Secretary
To facilitate the sale of the Interlagos race track in São Paulo's southern zone, 58-year-old engineer Wilson Poit, the future secretary of Privatization and Partnerships of the João Doria (PSDB) administration, has agreed that the locale's owner will be able to "eventually" construct residential buildings beside the circuit, which has to be preserved.
Published on 11/24/2016 - 13h26