Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 14/08/02013
Latest from Galleries Section
- Bank Used by Former SP Mayor to Return US$ 20 Million to Public Treasury
Deutsche Bank struck a deal with the prosecutors and the city of São Paulo to indemnify the public treasury with US$ 20 million to be used to move values that, according to the prosecution, were misappropriated by former mayor Paulo Maluf (PP-SP) between 1993 and 1998.
Published on 02/25/2014 - 08h26
- Greater São Paulo Wastes 25% of Captured Water
A quarter of the water captured by Sabesp (the state water company) in the Greater São Paulo area is lost on the path between the dam and the houses and buildings water boxes.
Published on 02/05/2014 - 11h17
- São Paulo Governor Alckmin's Son and Granddaughter Caught in Morumbi Crossfire
The son of São Paulo Governor Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB), Thomaz, 30, was surrounded on Sunday by criminals and ended up in the middle of a shootout between the offenders and police who were a part of his security detail.
Published on 02/04/2014 - 08h25
- World Cup Protest in São Paulo Ends in Vandalism and Leads to 128 Arrests
On São Paulo's 460th anniversary, a protests against the World Cup ended in vandalism and rioting in the streets of downtown, with repeated scenes of violence from last year's protests.
Published on 01/27/2014 - 08h39
- With the Arrival of Summer, SP Coast has Already Registered 36,000 Cases of Dengue
With the proximity of summer and the high season, municipalities on the São Paulo coast have adopted different strategies to try to prevent a new outbreak of dengue.
Published on 12/10/2013 - 08h27
- São Paulo City Government Cool on City's Chances for Expo 2020
Workers' Party (PT) management - the party of São Paulo's mayor Fernando Haddad - is pessimistic with regard to the city's chances of hosting the Expo 2020 World Fair.
Published on 11/22/2013 - 08h53
- São Paulo Had the Worst Traffic Jam in History
The city of São Paulo reported early evening on Thursday (14), the day before the holiday weekend, celebrating the Proclamation of Republic, the largest traffic congestion in history.
Published on 11/15/2013 - 11h37
- Half of São Paulo Population Has Been Victim of Crime, Says Study
More than half of the population of São Paulo has been the victim of some kind of crime, according to a new study published on Tuesday by the Centre of Public Policy at the Insper Institute of Education and Research.
Published on 10/23/2013 - 14h16
- Group Invades Institute to Take Dogs Used in Research
A group of activists broke into a laboratory on Friday night, October 18, and took rabbits and 178 beagle dogs used as guinea pigs.
Published on 10/21/2013 - 08h53
- Video Shows Motorcycle Thief Shot by Police Officer
A video recorded last Saturday by a motorcyclist shows in great detail the moment he is robbed and, then, one of the thieves is shot by a police officer passing nearby, at São Paulo East Zone.
Published on 10/14/2013 - 23h54