Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Two in Every Three Juvenile Offenders in São Paulo Have No Father Figure at Home
Tired of seeing his mother brutally beaten by his stepfather, student Filiphe Gomes, decided to confront the violent adult at the age of 12. He pulled out a knife and said he would not tolerate the situation any more.
Published on 06/27/2016 - 12h41
- Under Pressure, Mayor Haddad Adopts Tents and New Rule for Homeless People
Under pressure and facing a loss of status due to the treatment towards homeless people in the current cold spell in São Paulo, Mayor Fernando Haddad (PT) decided to change his assistance policy and announced emergency actions for those living in the streets this winter.
Published on 06/17/2016 - 10h20
- Bus Crash Kills 18 Students
A bus carrying a group of students across the state of São Paulo lost control and crashed on Wednesday evening (8). The vehicle was knocked off-kilter after colliding with a car in front. It swerved onto the wrong side of the road, crashed headfirst into a rock, flipped over and skidded upside-down along the floor for a few metres.
Published on 06/10/2016 - 11h12
- São Paulo Governor Cancels Public Bid for R$ 148 Million Spending Solely on Medals and Trophies
The Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB) administration has cancelled a public bid which was set to spend R$ 148 million (US$ 41 million) on the purchase of medals and 113 thousand trophies.
Published on 06/03/2016 - 10h32
- São Paulo's LGBT Parade Marked by "Out with Temer" Sashes and Chants
Despite the requests of event organizers from the mayor's office asking to avoid messages against politicians, the 20th LGBT Pride Parade this Sunday (29) featured demonstrations, banners and sashes expressing opposition to acting president Michel Temer (PMDB).
Published on 05/30/2016 - 10h43
- Copan, a Niemeyer Building, Celebrates 50 Years While Undergoing Renovations
Hidden under a large blue tarp, the Copan reached its 50 year anniversary covered by a large piece of plastic and with changes intended to reinforce its tourist appeal.
Published on 05/09/2016 - 10h02
- No More Newfangled Vodka or Kiwi Twists: It's Back to Basics for the Caipirinha
In Brazil this year cocktails are all the rage. But where among the cosmos and the manhattans is the iconic caipirinha?
Published on 03/23/2016 - 08h58
- Number of New Dengue Cases in São Paulo Falls for First Time in Five Months
For the first time since September last year, the number of new dengue cases in the state of São Paulo has fallen. Compared to January, the number of new cases recorded in February fell by 38.5%, from 57,400 to 35,300.
Published on 03/15/2016 - 10h13
- 24 districts in São Paulo plagued by dengue epidemic for 2 years
In the last two years, 24 of the 96 districts in the São Paulo capital registered epidemic data for Dengue. The scene is expected to repeat once again in the coming months.
Published on 02/22/2016 - 07h40
- AES Swaps Out President and Will Sell Eletropaulo
The president of AES Brasil and energy distributor Eletropaulo, Britaldo Soares, left his post this Wednesday (17). The Folha learned that the reason behind the departure was his opposition to the sale of companies belonging to the American group in the country.
Published on 02/18/2016 - 09h30