Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Uber Effect Makes Prices Fall, but Drivers Are Forced to Work Nearly 24 Hours in São Paulo
One year ago, São Paulo residents had basically two options when they wanted to get a car in the streets: taxi or Uber?
Published on 07/25/2016 - 10h19
- Violent Heist in Interior City of São Paulo Leaves One Policeman Dead
A road traffic policeman was killed while trying to prevent the armed robbery of a cash-transport firm in Ribeirão Preto (313km from Sao Paulo).
Published on 07/06/2016 - 10h14
- Four in Ten Missing Persons in São Paulo Are Children and Adolescents
Four in ten persons reported missing in the state of São Paulo over the past three years are children or adolescents, a new study has revealed.
Published on 07/04/2016 - 11h10
- Suspicious Military Police and Municipal Guard Action Results in Death of University Student in São Paulo
In an action full of gaps, the Military Police and the Municipal Civil Guard of São Caetano do Sul (Greater São Paulo) chased and killed a university student, shot in the head, in Vila Prudente, east side of São Paulo.
Published on 06/29/2016 - 10h09
- Two in Every Three Juvenile Offenders in São Paulo Have No Father Figure at Home
Tired of seeing his mother brutally beaten by his stepfather, student Filiphe Gomes, decided to confront the violent adult at the age of 12. He pulled out a knife and said he would not tolerate the situation any more.
Published on 06/27/2016 - 12h41
- Under Pressure, Mayor Haddad Adopts Tents and New Rule for Homeless People
Under pressure and facing a loss of status due to the treatment towards homeless people in the current cold spell in São Paulo, Mayor Fernando Haddad (PT) decided to change his assistance policy and announced emergency actions for those living in the streets this winter.
Published on 06/17/2016 - 10h20
- Bus Crash Kills 18 Students
A bus carrying a group of students across the state of São Paulo lost control and crashed on Wednesday evening (8). The vehicle was knocked off-kilter after colliding with a car in front. It swerved onto the wrong side of the road, crashed headfirst into a rock, flipped over and skidded upside-down along the floor for a few metres.
Published on 06/10/2016 - 11h12
- São Paulo Governor Cancels Public Bid for R$ 148 Million Spending Solely on Medals and Trophies
The Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB) administration has cancelled a public bid which was set to spend R$ 148 million (US$ 41 million) on the purchase of medals and 113 thousand trophies.
Published on 06/03/2016 - 10h32
- São Paulo's LGBT Parade Marked by "Out with Temer" Sashes and Chants
Despite the requests of event organizers from the mayor's office asking to avoid messages against politicians, the 20th LGBT Pride Parade this Sunday (29) featured demonstrations, banners and sashes expressing opposition to acting president Michel Temer (PMDB).
Published on 05/30/2016 - 10h43
- Copan, a Niemeyer Building, Celebrates 50 Years While Undergoing Renovations
Hidden under a large blue tarp, the Copan reached its 50 year anniversary covered by a large piece of plastic and with changes intended to reinforce its tourist appeal.
Published on 05/09/2016 - 10h02