Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- São Paulo's LGBT Parade Marked by "Out with Temer" Sashes and Chants
Despite the requests of event organizers from the mayor's office asking to avoid messages against politicians, the 20th LGBT Pride Parade this Sunday (29) featured demonstrations, banners and sashes expressing opposition to acting president Michel Temer (PMDB).
Published on 05/30/2016 - 10h43
- Copan, a Niemeyer Building, Celebrates 50 Years While Undergoing Renovations
Hidden under a large blue tarp, the Copan reached its 50 year anniversary covered by a large piece of plastic and with changes intended to reinforce its tourist appeal.
Published on 05/09/2016 - 10h02
- No More Newfangled Vodka or Kiwi Twists: It's Back to Basics for the Caipirinha
In Brazil this year cocktails are all the rage. But where among the cosmos and the manhattans is the iconic caipirinha?
Published on 03/23/2016 - 08h58
- Number of New Dengue Cases in São Paulo Falls for First Time in Five Months
For the first time since September last year, the number of new dengue cases in the state of São Paulo has fallen. Compared to January, the number of new cases recorded in February fell by 38.5%, from 57,400 to 35,300.
Published on 03/15/2016 - 10h13
- 24 districts in São Paulo plagued by dengue epidemic for 2 years
In the last two years, 24 of the 96 districts in the São Paulo capital registered epidemic data for Dengue. The scene is expected to repeat once again in the coming months.
Published on 02/22/2016 - 07h40
- AES Swaps Out President and Will Sell Eletropaulo
The president of AES Brasil and energy distributor Eletropaulo, Britaldo Soares, left his post this Wednesday (17). The Folha learned that the reason behind the departure was his opposition to the sale of companies belonging to the American group in the country.
Published on 02/18/2016 - 09h30
- Driven by Street Parties, São Paulo Enters the Carnival Route and Attracts People From all Over
The carnival in South America´s largest metropolis entered the route of tourists. "Before, everybody stayed away, including the locals. Now, people want to come here", says Verônica Alencar, 32, a business manager from Belém.
Published on 02/10/2016 - 08h59
- Street Carnival Mirrors Sambódromo with Dispute of Brands and "Official" Beer
With the rise of street parties, or "blocos", in São Paulo, street carnival in the city was established as an attractive business and, for the first time, it became the scene of a war of breweries.
Published on 02/10/2016 - 08h55
- Crisis Forces São Paulo Samba Schools to Tone Down Glitz and Glamour
With the dollar at R$4, making imported material more expensive; the reductions of financial incentives by carnival sponsors, and the financial crisis hitting the pockets of the public, the glitz and glamour of the São Paulo samba schools is likely to be more modest this year.
Published on 02/05/2016 - 08h57
- Skimpy Clothing Selling Well on São Paulo's Rua 25 de Março Ahead of Carnival
Nobody wants the whole Chaves costume - the one with the hat, shirt, suspenders and trousers. Nor the pirate, with a black shirt and trousers. Super Mario, only if it comes with the kepi.
Published on 02/04/2016 - 09h25