- Completion of Works on São Paulo's Line 4 Subway Network to Be Delayed by 1 Year
São Paulo state governor Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB) overturned the hiring for the construction of new stations for Line 4 in São Paulo's subway, which should suffer a further delay of at least one year.
Published on 07/31/2015 - 10h59
- In Youth Offenders Institution in São Paulo, Teenagers Change from 'Empathetic' to 'Immature' in 1 Month
At Fundação Casa, a youth offenders institution that used to be known as "Febem", a young offender is evaluated as "self-critical" and "empathetic" at the time of his release and as "immature" and "without self-criticism" when he falls back into crime, after just a month on the streets.
Published on 07/22/2015 - 09h08
- Informal NGO Treats Crack Addicts with Lime and Coffee
An informal NGO, which is treating people suffering from crack dependency with lime and coffee, is at risk of being evicted from its premises. If the eviction goes ahead, it will be forced to put 60 recovering addicts back out on the streets.
Published on 07/15/2015 - 09h39
- Law Banning Foie Gras in São Paulo is Overturned by Justice
The law prohibiting the trade and production of foie gras in São Paulo was overturned this Tuesday (14).
Published on 07/15/2015 - 09h20
- In São Paulo, Costs with Licensing and Daily Rates Are the Same for Taxi and Uber Drivers
On the one hand, taxi drivers have to pay annual fees to keep their work permit, and many pay a daily fee of R$ 190 (US$ 60) to run in São Paulo.
Published on 07/08/2015 - 08h23
- Religious Promotes "Exorcism" Sessions of Healing and Liberation in São Paulo
"In the name of Jesus, get out through the hands, the feet, the mouth!" The phrase is exalted over and over again in the masses celebrated by monsignor Joaquim José Stein, 70, and they aim to fight the evil that supposedly afflicts hundreds of faithful who take part in the "healing and liberation" sessions.
Published on 07/07/2015 - 09h02
- Youth Groups in São Paulo Mobilize Donations to the Homeless
People living on the streets of São Paulo were surprised in the early hours of last Wednesday, July 1st, with a new mobilization: they received scarves made by children who represent the opposite of their realities, students at Porto Seguro school, one of the country's top schools.
Published on 07/03/2015 - 10h13
- Project Takes Classical Music to Bus Terminals, Schools and Cemeteries of São Paulo
It's noon at Dom Pedro Park bus terminal 2, in downtown São Paulo. Amid the noise of the buses' engines and the hustle and bustle of passengers, a singer sings an excerpt from the Opera "Carmen" by Georges Bizet.
Published on 07/01/2015 - 09h40
- Express Kidnapping Cases in São Paulo Are Not Disclosed in Government Statistics
Physiotherapist Joana (not her real name), 27, was parking her car in a street in the Santo Amaro area (Southern São Paulo) on Monday, June 22nd, when an armed couple approached - they wanted to keep her hostage while another criminal withdrew money from her account and went shopping with her credit cards.
Published on 06/26/2015 - 09h14
- Police Officer Arrested After Being Caught on Camera Shooting at Suspects in São Paulo
The Military Police arrested an officer from Rocam (the motorized unit of the Military Police) who shot two suspects during a police chase on Tuesday night (23), in Jardim São Luis, in the South Zone of São Paulo.
Published on 06/25/2015 - 09h21