- Expansion of São Paulo Metro Much Slower than in Other Global Cities
The speed at which the São Paulo metro system has expanded since the PSDB assumed power of the state government in 1995 is just as slow as during previous administrations, and vastly inferior to other countries in similar conditions.
Published on 05/26/2015 - 09h13
- New Wave of Haitian Immigrants Puts Pressure on São Paulo Church
Lack of planning has led to overcrowding at the Igreja Nossa Senhora da Paz, the São Paulo church which has become a point of entry to the city for recently arrived Haitian immigrants.
Published on 05/21/2015 - 07h51
- Launch of New Residential Buildings Drops 50% in São Paulo
The first quarter of 2015 saw a decrease of 50.4% in the number of residential units launched in São Paulo compared to the same period last year. There were 2,191 in total.
Published on 05/12/2015 - 09h55
- Residents of São Paulo Favela Use Monorail Fencing to Rebuild Their Houses After Fire
Leaving church one Sunday last September, Angélica Cristina Lopes, 27, saw the Piolho favela in flames. Lopes had lived in the favela, located in the south of São Paulo, ever since she was a child.
Published on 05/12/2015 - 09h44
- Dengue Fever Epidemic in the Capital of São Paulo Registers Record High
With 38,927 confirmed cases of dengue fever, the city of São Paulo has registered a record high, a title which belonged to last year. The capital has reached epidemic proportions, with 340.1 infected per 100,000 inhabitants.
Published on 05/08/2015 - 08h46
- Seniors Account for 9 out of 10 Dengue Deaths in the State of São Paulo
Nine out of 10 deaths from dengue this year in the state of São Paulo were people 60 years old or older, with 75% having a pre-existing illness.
Published on 05/05/2015 - 08h39
- Haitians Change the Face of Glicério, in Central São Paulo
"Merci, Seigneur! Merci!" cries the pastor, hands raised to the heavens. It's Sunday at 9am and the Assembly of God church in Glicério neighborhood, in central São Paulo, is packed.
Published on 05/05/2015 - 08h34
- News Team from Globo-Affiliated Channel Mugged During Interview in Guarujá
A news team from TV Tribuna, a channel affiliated with Globo, was mugged on Tuesday (28) during a live report in Guarujá, on the coast of São Paulo state.
Published on 04/29/2015 - 09h40
- Dengue Leaves Orphans in the State of São Paulo
Pietra, 7, still has not managed to comprehend what has happened. Maria Eduarda, 10, refused to talk to strangers. It is up to Lucas, 16, to re-establish the family routine, now the man of the house.
Published on 04/29/2015 - 08h54
- Famous Chef in Brazil Teaches Workshops and Employs Teen-Aged Delinquents
A six-kilo piece of beef rests on the steel counter. It must become strips for stroganoff, a dish that eight boys between the ages of 13 and 17 will help chef Janaina Rueda prepare at Fundação Casa de Itaquaquecetuba (SP), an institution for juvenile delinquents, on a Wednesday afternoon.
Published on 04/20/2015 - 10h45