Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 11/19/2015
- São Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad Battles in Court to Remove Bus Fare Collectors
São Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad (Workers' Party) battles in court to strike down the requirement to keep fare collectors working on São Paulo buses.
Published on 11/06/2015 - 09h08
- São Paulo Students Raise R$80,000 and Will Fly to India for Math Competition
Students from a state college in São Paulo have managed to raise R$80,000 (US$20,285) through online crowdfunding in order to participate in an international mathematics and science competition, due to take place in India next month.
Published on 10/22/2015 - 10h13
- Luxury Guesthouse in Bahia Amongst Properties Belonging to São Paulo Official Accused of Corruption
Embedded in an Atlantic forest nature reserve, just meters from the sea, with thrushes and swallows winging around it, lies one of the most luxurious guesthouses of Morro de São Paulo, a popular beach resort in Bahia, northeast Brazil.
Published on 10/21/2015 - 09h14
- Drink-Driver Who Killed Two Workers in São Paulo To Be Released on Bail
A woman who ran over and killed two workers in São Paulo in the early hours of Sunday (18) morning has had her preventive detention revoked and will be released on bail, after paying a fee of R$15,760 (US $4055) - the equivalent of 20 monthly minimum wages.
Published on 10/20/2015 - 11h16
- Tax Agents Suspected of Charging Bribery in São Paulo Negotiated at Least 143 Properties
Eleven tax agents suspected of charging bribery from companies in the State of Sao Paulo have bought or sold at least 143 properties in their own names, totalling approximately US$ 16 million (R$ 62 million).
Published on 10/20/2015 - 09h58
- Young Offenders Institutions in São Paulo Suffering Worst Wave of Escapes in a Decade
Fundação Casa, a network of young offenders' institutions in the state of São Paulo, is suffering its worst series of escapes since 2005, when it was known as Febem.
Published on 10/15/2015 - 09h51
- São Paulo's Mayor Expands Taxi Fleet, But Uber Is Out
Mayor Fernando Haddad (Workers' Party) decided to expand São Paulo's taxi fleet by creating a new internet service that does not necessarily include Uber; an application that connects drivers to passengers.
Published on 10/09/2015 - 09h34
- São Paulo Students Raising Funds to Attend Mathematics Competition in India
Having won a gold medal in a mathematics Olympics, a group of students from a São Paulo state school have started a fundraising campaign in order to participate in an international competition held in India next month.
Published on 10/07/2015 - 10h03
- Endangered Brazilian Ingredients Are the Stars of Food Festival in São Paulo
Arrowroot, piracuí fish flour and aratu crab are not common in shopping lists or in markets. And because they are running the risk of being forgotten, they are on another list: the Ark of Taste.
Published on 10/07/2015 - 09h43
- Police Officer Is Killed; New Attack in São Paulo Takes Place Two Months after Mass Shooting
Almost two months after the series of attacks that left 32 dead in a probable retaliation to the murder of a military police officer, a new episode with similar characteristics happened in the early hours of Monday (5) in the greater São Paulo.
Published on 10/06/2015 - 09h54