Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Police Kill on Average One Teenager Per Week in São Paulo
São Paulo police kill at least one teenager per week when it comes to shootouts in the outskirts of the city.
Published on 10/16/2017 - 11h13
- Murder Map of São Paulo Reflects Sweden at Times, Mexico at Others
An exclusive report conducted by Folha, compiled murder statistics throughout the city of São Paulo on a neighborhood-by-neighborhood basis.
Published on 10/09/2017 - 10h45
- After 20 Years, Presence of Rare Harpy Eagle Is Registered in São Paulo
The presence of a Harpy Eagle, one of the biggest and strongest birds of prey in the world, was documented in the State of São Paulo for the first time in at least 20 years.
Published on 09/28/2017 - 13h18
- "Foreign Wave" Forces Schools in São Paulo to Adapt
It is becoming increasingly more common to hear words in Spanish, French and Arabic amidst the hustle and bustle of the public schools' hallways in São Paulo, Brazil.
Published on 08/16/2017 - 11h50
- São Paulo to Remove 2,000 Posts From Sidewalk, Placing 52 Km Worth of Cables Underground
São Paulo plans to place approximately 52 kilometers worth of cables underground, gradually removing from the sidewalk the slightly-more-than 2,000 posts which currently support the wiring that transmits electricity as well as phone, cable and internet services around the city.
Published on 08/15/2017 - 11h59
- Acquisitive Offences Make One Victim Every 30 Seconds in São Paulo
The victim of a robbery in February, businesswoman Gabriela Almeida decided to take part in a demonstration against the escalating violence in Real Parque, in the west zone of São Paulo.
Published on 08/14/2017 - 10h30
- Key University of São Paulo Construction Projects Come to a Standstill
After having already spent R$ 120 million (US$ 37.6 million) there is still no estimate as to when the Convention Center at USP (University of São Paulo) will be ready. An additional R$ 60 million (US$ 18.8 million) would be required in order to finish construction, which began in early 2014.
Published on 08/14/2017 - 10h24
- Drug Traffic 'Tests' Policing and Tries to Retake Actions in São Paulo's Crackland
The trigger factor for the last confrontation that occurred in the crackland region, in the center of São Paulo, was the shacks set up amidst the concentration of addicts.
Published on 08/02/2017 - 11h07
- Cargo Theft in São Paulo Increases 23% in First Semester
The State of São Paulo, under the administration of Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB), lives an epidemic of cargo theft. The growth in this type of crime was 23% in the first six months of this year, compared to the same period last year, the largest increase in the first semester since 2004.
Published on 07/26/2017 - 10h13
- Series of Thefts Strip Cars of Their Wheels in São Paulo
Tânia Stocco, 53, a civil servant, said she was overcome by an "indescribable" sensation when she opened the front door and saw that her car was literally on the ground - without its four wheels which were stolen overnight by thieves. "Who ever thought something like this could happen?", she pondered
Published on 07/14/2017 - 11h44