Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Olympic Committee Looks for Private Sponsors
Six months after the Olympics, the contracts between private sponsors and the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB) haven't been renewed and the entity isn't receiving payments anymore from Nike, Nissan and Bradesco.
Published on 02/16/2017 - 10h36
- After the Olympics, 14 Stadiums in Rio de Janeiro Are Closed
Six months after the opening of the Rio Olympic Games, 14 stadiums that were involved in the event are closed.
Published on 02/13/2017 - 11h53
- Odebrecht Says it Will Pay Maracanã Stadium's US$ 316,000 Electric Bill
The Maracanã S.A. consortium, which is led by Odebrecht, promised it would pay off R$ 1 million (US$ 316,000) in debt, owed to electricity company Light. The stadium's electricity supply got cut off.
Published on 01/27/2017 - 16h51
- Medina Family Build Institute to Train New Generation of Surfers
Thirty-eight teenagers will start being trained to become professional surfers on the northern coast of São Paulo, in Maresias, on the same waters Gabriel Medina, 23, first started paddling on a surfboard.
Published on 01/06/2017 - 11h59
- After Rio Olympics, Brazil Sees a Stampede of Foreign Coaches Leaving
The end of the Olympic cycle has caused a stampede of foreign coaches who had been contracted to help prepare Brazilian teams for the Rio Games.
Published on 01/03/2017 - 15h47
- "What If I'd Made the Goal?," Says Right-Back Who Almost Prevented Chape's Qualification for the Final
Marcos Angeleri, 33, turns quiet when asked how he would handle a potential confrontation with Chapacoense in the next Copa Libertadores.
Published on 12/26/2016 - 15h56
- After Free-Flowing Spending, State-Owned Firms Cut Investments in Olympic Sports
After more than R$ 3 billion (US$ 882 million) was invested by state-owned entities in preparing athletes for the Rio Games, the financial panorama for Brazilian sports looking to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 is one of contraction.
Published on 12/20/2016 - 11h29
- Following Tragedy, Chapecoense's Women's Team Seeks Strength and Inspiration
Athletes on Chapecoense's women's soccer team plan on transforming the tragic deaths of the team's athletes and staff members into strength and inspiration.
Published on 12/09/2016 - 01h54
- Chapecoense Plane Crash Survivors to Be Discharged in Weeks, Says Hospital Administrator
Ferney Rodríguez, the administrator of the San Vicente hospital in Rionegro, in Colombia (45 km from Medellín) where the Brazilian survivors of the Chapecoense plane crash are being treated, gave an interview to Folha saying that the patients may be discharged in a matter of weeks, not days.
Published on 12/06/2016 - 16h24
- Rain and Emotion at the Arrival of Chapecoense Casualties
The original intention was to receive the soccer team as champions. Instead, the residents of Chapecó (SC) saw the players of their beloved team enter the stadium in coffins.
Published on 12/05/2016 - 11h37