Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Following Tragedy, Chapecoense's Women's Team Seeks Strength and Inspiration
Athletes on Chapecoense's women's soccer team plan on transforming the tragic deaths of the team's athletes and staff members into strength and inspiration.
Published on 12/09/2016 - 01h54
- Chapecoense Plane Crash Survivors to Be Discharged in Weeks, Says Hospital Administrator
Ferney Rodríguez, the administrator of the San Vicente hospital in Rionegro, in Colombia (45 km from Medellín) where the Brazilian survivors of the Chapecoense plane crash are being treated, gave an interview to Folha saying that the patients may be discharged in a matter of weeks, not days.
Published on 12/06/2016 - 16h24
- Rain and Emotion at the Arrival of Chapecoense Casualties
The original intention was to receive the soccer team as champions. Instead, the residents of Chapecó (SC) saw the players of their beloved team enter the stadium in coffins.
Published on 12/05/2016 - 11h37
- 'I Did Everything I Could,' Says Air Traffic Controller of Chapecoense Flight
Yaneth Molina, an air traffic controller at the Olaya Herrera airport in Medellín, released a letter addressed to both her professional class and the general public stating that she did everything in her power to avoid the plane crash that sealed the fate of the Chapecoense flight.
Published on 12/02/2016 - 12h16
- After Tragedy, Residents of Chapecó Wear Team Jersey and Put Out Symbols of Mourning
The day following the plane crash which killed nearly the entire Chapecoense team and journalists, leaving 71 dead in Colombia, residents of Chapecó (Santa Catarina) were wearing the team's jersey and putting out symbols of mourning at their homes and businesses.
Published on 12/01/2016 - 11h46
- After Air Crash, CBF Studies to Protect Chapecoense in the Brazilian Championship
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF, in its Portuguese acronym) studies a protection for Chapecoense in the dispute of the Brazilian Championship of 2017.
Published on 11/30/2016 - 12h13
- Plane Carrying Brazil's Chapecoense Soccer Team Crashes Leaving at Least 71 Dead
Colombian authorities informed on Tuesday (the 29th) that at least 71 people were killed in the crash of a plane in the city of La Unión, close to Medellin, in Colombia.
Published on 11/29/2016 - 13h10
- In Brazil, Selection Rounds for World Aquatics Championships Don't Have Anti-Doping Testing
In the midst of the chaos that reigns in Brazilian anti-doping control, the first set of selection rounds for the World Aquatics Championships to be held in Budapest, in July of 2017, got underway this Wednesday (the 23rd) without having athletes submit to tests for detecting illegal substances.
Published on 11/24/2016 - 13h09
- Brazil Soccer Coach Tite Praised Just Like Predecessors
With six wins in six games since he became head coach of the Brazilian national soccer team, Tite has been praised by fans and part of the media.
Published on 11/18/2016 - 11h36
- Brazilian Football Confederation Is Fined for Fans' Homophobic Insults
On Thursday, November 3, Fifa, the world's governing body of soccer, announced that the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) was fined yet again after fans yelled homophobic insults during matches of the Brazilian national team.
Published on 11/04/2016 - 12h19