Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Government Breaks Protocol, Blowing Cover of CIA Chief in Brazil
The GSI (Institutional Security Council), a secret service agency that is subject to the executive branch, uncovered the identity of an agent of the CIA - the United States' foreign intelligence agency - by publishing his name in the agency's public agenda.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h23
- Owner of JBS Receives 'Discount' in Agreement with Attorney General's Office
As it accepted a long term and low interest rate to pay for the fine imposed on J&F, the holding that includes the businesses of brothers Joesley and Wesley Batista, the Attorney General's Office of Brazil in fact gave the group a major "discount."
Published on 06/01/2017 - 13h13
- Supreme Court Authorizes President Temer to Testify in Writing to Federal Police in Investigation
Justice Edson Fachin, rapporteur of the so-called Car Wash cases (Lava Jato) before the Federal Supreme Court, gave authorization for President Michel Temer (PMDB Party) to provide written testimony in the investigation spawned by the plea-bargain testimony of JBS Corporation executives.
Published on 05/31/2017 - 11h03
- Migration Law: Rules Change for Foreigners in Brazil
In the last month, the Senate approved the Law of Migration, which determines entry and duration of stay of foreigners in the country. The text is awaiting review by President Temer, who has until the 24th to sanction or veto.
Published on 05/15/2017 - 13h08
- The Amazon in the Past Was Flooded and even Had Sharks
During two periods in the past, parts of the Amazon region in Brazil and Colombia were temporarily covered by the sea. It wasn't very deep and was less salty that today's oceans, but the fauna even included sharks.
Published on 05/04/2017 - 12h09
- Supreme Court Decides to Release Former Lula Chief of Staff
The Federal Supreme Court (STF) granted a 'habeas corpus' on Tuesday (the 2nd) to former minister José Dirceu, who was being held in the Car Wash Operation (Lava Jato).
Published on 05/03/2017 - 15h04
- School in Northeastern Brazil Reprimands Parents' Scanty Clothes and Model Complains of Discrimination
Nearly two weeks ago model Madelayne Cavalcanti, 29, caused much turmoil among the elite of the south zone of Recife, in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco.
Published on 04/07/2017 - 14h08
- Mexico Eyes Duty-Free Maize Deals with Brazil and Argentina
Mexico, the world's biggest buyer of US corn, is considering offering duty-free access to Brazilian or Argentine maize as an alternative to American imports in a move that could have big consequences for US farmers worried about President Donald Trump's trade and tax agenda.
Published on 03/28/2017 - 12h52
- 4chan: The Skeleton Key to the Rise of Trump
1. BORN FROM SOMETHING AWFUL
Published on 03/21/2017 - 10h48
- President Temer Is Using Positive Economic News to Divert Attention from the Political Crisis
In an attempt to release a bundle of good news to convince markets that the country's economy has not been affected by political instability, the federal government has anticipated the release of a first batch of optimistic results regarding the country's labor market.
Published on 03/17/2017 - 13h42