Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Evangelical Church Investigated in Brazil for Forced Labor
The Labor Prosecutor's Office of São Paulo heard pastors Juarez and Solange Oliveira, founders of the Rhema Community Evangelical Ministry (Ministerio Evangelico Comunidade Rhema), regarding a forced labor investigation, on Tuesday (8).
Published on 08/09/2017 - 10h26
- Crisis Doubles the Number of Brazilians Barred from Entering Portugal
The number of Brazilian travelers barred from entering Portugal has skyrocketed 91.3% in 2016 compared to the previous year, and 198.8%, compared to 2014.
Published on 07/28/2017 - 10h27
- Putin Was a Mediocre KGB Agent, According to Former Boss
The all-powerful Russian president, Vladimir Putin, is a former KGB official who came to be during the perils and deceit of the Cold War.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 10h36
- Crisis Diminishes Brazil's Authority in Global Summit
Brazilian president Michel Temer, who canceled his trip to the G20 summit and then uncanceled, arrives in Germany on Friday (the 7th) and runs the risk of attending without being noticed.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 09h54
- Brazilians Easily Adapt to the US, According to Study
According to US government data obtained through surveys it conducted and used by Brazilian researchers, the Brazilian community in the US is, on average, better qualified and more integrated than other immigrant communities.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 09h48
- Government Breaks Protocol, Blowing Cover of CIA Chief in Brazil
The GSI (Institutional Security Council), a secret service agency that is subject to the executive branch, uncovered the identity of an agent of the CIA - the United States' foreign intelligence agency - by publishing his name in the agency's public agenda.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h23
- Owner of JBS Receives 'Discount' in Agreement with Attorney General's Office
As it accepted a long term and low interest rate to pay for the fine imposed on J&F, the holding that includes the businesses of brothers Joesley and Wesley Batista, the Attorney General's Office of Brazil in fact gave the group a major "discount."
Published on 06/01/2017 - 13h13
- Supreme Court Authorizes President Temer to Testify in Writing to Federal Police in Investigation
Justice Edson Fachin, rapporteur of the so-called Car Wash cases (Lava Jato) before the Federal Supreme Court, gave authorization for President Michel Temer (PMDB Party) to provide written testimony in the investigation spawned by the plea-bargain testimony of JBS Corporation executives.
Published on 05/31/2017 - 11h03
- Migration Law: Rules Change for Foreigners in Brazil
In the last month, the Senate approved the Law of Migration, which determines entry and duration of stay of foreigners in the country. The text is awaiting review by President Temer, who has until the 24th to sanction or veto.
Published on 05/15/2017 - 13h08
- The Amazon in the Past Was Flooded and even Had Sharks
During two periods in the past, parts of the Amazon region in Brazil and Colombia were temporarily covered by the sea. It wasn't very deep and was less salty that today's oceans, but the fauna even included sharks.
Published on 05/04/2017 - 12h09