Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Trade Disputes Likely to Spoil Dinner of Presidents Temer and Trump
When Brazil's President, Michel Temer, sits at the table with Donald Trump, the President of the US, to have dinner in New York on Monday, September 18, the menu could be hard to digest.
Published on 09/18/2017 - 11h57
- Sri Lankan Ambassador Accused of War Crimes Worked in Brazil for Nearly Two Years
Spanish prosecutor Carlos Castresana Fernandez, who authored the indictment of former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, met with a representative from the Public Prosecutor's Office asking Brazil to go to Interpol so that Sri Lankan ambassador Jagath Jayasuriya can be held in provisional detention.
Published on 08/29/2017 - 10h30
- Leader of Temer's Coalition in the Senate Calls to Deny Entry to Venezuelans Seeking Asylum
The leader of president Michel Temer's coalition in the Senate, Romero Jucá (PMDB-RR), stated on Thursday (the 24th) that Brazil should stop granting asylum to Venezuelans because, in his opinion, the conditions they're living in aren't extreme enough to justify the protection and "Brazil doesn't have the money to take these people in".
Published on 08/25/2017 - 11h21
- Evangelical Church Investigated in Brazil for Forced Labor
The Labor Prosecutor's Office of São Paulo heard pastors Juarez and Solange Oliveira, founders of the Rhema Community Evangelical Ministry (Ministerio Evangelico Comunidade Rhema), regarding a forced labor investigation, on Tuesday (8).
Published on 08/09/2017 - 10h26
- Crisis Doubles the Number of Brazilians Barred from Entering Portugal
The number of Brazilian travelers barred from entering Portugal has skyrocketed 91.3% in 2016 compared to the previous year, and 198.8%, compared to 2014.
Published on 07/28/2017 - 10h27
- Putin Was a Mediocre KGB Agent, According to Former Boss
The all-powerful Russian president, Vladimir Putin, is a former KGB official who came to be during the perils and deceit of the Cold War.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 10h36
- Crisis Diminishes Brazil's Authority in Global Summit
Brazilian president Michel Temer, who canceled his trip to the G20 summit and then uncanceled, arrives in Germany on Friday (the 7th) and runs the risk of attending without being noticed.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 09h54
- Brazilians Easily Adapt to the US, According to Study
According to US government data obtained through surveys it conducted and used by Brazilian researchers, the Brazilian community in the US is, on average, better qualified and more integrated than other immigrant communities.
Published on 07/07/2017 - 09h48
- Government Breaks Protocol, Blowing Cover of CIA Chief in Brazil
The GSI (Institutional Security Council), a secret service agency that is subject to the executive branch, uncovered the identity of an agent of the CIA - the United States' foreign intelligence agency - by publishing his name in the agency's public agenda.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h23
- Owner of JBS Receives 'Discount' in Agreement with Attorney General's Office
As it accepted a long term and low interest rate to pay for the fine imposed on J&F, the holding that includes the businesses of brothers Joesley and Wesley Batista, the Attorney General's Office of Brazil in fact gave the group a major "discount."
Published on 06/01/2017 - 13h13