Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Supreme Court Authorizes President Temer to Testify in Writing to Federal Police in Investigation
Justice Edson Fachin, rapporteur of the so-called Car Wash cases (Lava Jato) before the Federal Supreme Court, gave authorization for President Michel Temer (PMDB Party) to provide written testimony in the investigation spawned by the plea-bargain testimony of JBS Corporation executives.
Published on 05/31/2017 - 11h03
- Migration Law: Rules Change for Foreigners in Brazil
In the last month, the Senate approved the Law of Migration, which determines entry and duration of stay of foreigners in the country. The text is awaiting review by President Temer, who has until the 24th to sanction or veto.
Published on 05/15/2017 - 13h08
- The Amazon in the Past Was Flooded and even Had Sharks
During two periods in the past, parts of the Amazon region in Brazil and Colombia were temporarily covered by the sea. It wasn't very deep and was less salty that today's oceans, but the fauna even included sharks.
Published on 05/04/2017 - 12h09
- Supreme Court Decides to Release Former Lula Chief of Staff
The Federal Supreme Court (STF) granted a 'habeas corpus' on Tuesday (the 2nd) to former minister José Dirceu, who was being held in the Car Wash Operation (Lava Jato).
Published on 05/03/2017 - 15h04
- School in Northeastern Brazil Reprimands Parents' Scanty Clothes and Model Complains of Discrimination
Nearly two weeks ago model Madelayne Cavalcanti, 29, caused much turmoil among the elite of the south zone of Recife, in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco.
Published on 04/07/2017 - 14h08
- Mexico Eyes Duty-Free Maize Deals with Brazil and Argentina
Mexico, the world's biggest buyer of US corn, is considering offering duty-free access to Brazilian or Argentine maize as an alternative to American imports in a move that could have big consequences for US farmers worried about President Donald Trump's trade and tax agenda.
Published on 03/28/2017 - 12h52
- 4chan: The Skeleton Key to the Rise of Trump
1. BORN FROM SOMETHING AWFUL
Published on 03/21/2017 - 10h48
- President Temer Is Using Positive Economic News to Divert Attention from the Political Crisis
In an attempt to release a bundle of good news to convince markets that the country's economy has not been affected by political instability, the federal government has anticipated the release of a first batch of optimistic results regarding the country's labor market.
Published on 03/17/2017 - 13h42
- Brazil Seeks a Mission in Lebanon or Africa after Leaving Haiti
Brazil wants to take over the command of another UN Peace mission as soon as its troops leave Haiti, a country in which it has been leading a stabilization force since 2004. The location should be Lebanon or an African country.
Published on 03/14/2017 - 12h12
- Widows Take Chapecoense Soccer Team to Court for Compensatory Damage
At least five widows of Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense players killed in an airplane crash in Colombia in November 2016, shortly before the final match of the Copa Sul-Americana tournament, have taken action to take the team to labor court.
Published on 03/10/2017 - 11h50