Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- President Temer Is Using Positive Economic News to Divert Attention from the Political Crisis
In an attempt to release a bundle of good news to convince markets that the country's economy has not been affected by political instability, the federal government has anticipated the release of a first batch of optimistic results regarding the country's labor market.
Published on 03/17/2017 - 13h42
- Brazil Seeks a Mission in Lebanon or Africa after Leaving Haiti
Brazil wants to take over the command of another UN Peace mission as soon as its troops leave Haiti, a country in which it has been leading a stabilization force since 2004. The location should be Lebanon or an African country.
Published on 03/14/2017 - 12h12
- Widows Take Chapecoense Soccer Team to Court for Compensatory Damage
At least five widows of Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense players killed in an airplane crash in Colombia in November 2016, shortly before the final match of the Copa Sul-Americana tournament, have taken action to take the team to labor court.
Published on 03/10/2017 - 11h50
- Brazilian Chancellor Says British Flights Did Not Lead to Crisis with Argentina
On Thursday, March (9), Brazil's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aloysio Nunes, said in Buenos Aires that Argentina's complaint regarding the authorization for British aircrafts to land in Brazilian airports on their way to the Falkland Islands "is not a crisis."
Published on 03/10/2017 - 11h25
- Facing Pressure, President Temer Hands Justice Ministry over to Faction of his Party
The President Michel Temer gave into demands made by members of congress in the Brazilian Democratic Movement Party (PMDB) to give the party more positions in the federal government.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h29
- Brasil Revokes Temporary Residence Permits for Venezuelans
The Brazilian government revoked its two-year temporary residence permits for Venezuelans and citizens belonging to three other neighboring countries on Thursday (23) - one day after they were issued.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h21
- Increase in Unemployment Rate is Highest Among Brazil's Youngest Workers
Unemployment increased more among the youngest members of the population than among other age groups last year, when unemployment reached record levels in Brazil, according to data released by IBGE (Brazilian Geographical and Statistic Institute).
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h03
- Odebrecht Offers Plea Bargains to Countries that Continue Doing Business
Odebrecht signaled that it is willing to enter into plea-bargaining and leniency agreements with eight countries, but made it clear that in exchange it needs guarantees that the company will be allowed to continue doing business in these territories.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 10h34
- In Brazil, Haitian Takes up a Collection to Construct a School in Her Country
Geneviève Cherubin, a 34-year-old professor, left Haiti nearly two years-ago and now teaches French classes in São Paulo.
Published on 02/23/2017 - 11h00
- Number of Brazilians Caught Crossing U.S. Border Grows
In December 2016, Adriana (real name withheld), 28, from the state of Minas Gerais, arrived in Ciudad Juárez, in México, and was left by a coyote (people smuggler) on a road near the border with the U.S.
Published on 02/06/2017 - 13h39