Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Chancellor Says British Flights Did Not Lead to Crisis with Argentina
On Thursday, March (9), Brazil's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aloysio Nunes, said in Buenos Aires that Argentina's complaint regarding the authorization for British aircrafts to land in Brazilian airports on their way to the Falkland Islands "is not a crisis."
Published on 03/10/2017 - 11h25
- Facing Pressure, President Temer Hands Justice Ministry over to Faction of his Party
The President Michel Temer gave into demands made by members of congress in the Brazilian Democratic Movement Party (PMDB) to give the party more positions in the federal government.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h29
- Brasil Revokes Temporary Residence Permits for Venezuelans
The Brazilian government revoked its two-year temporary residence permits for Venezuelans and citizens belonging to three other neighboring countries on Thursday (23) - one day after they were issued.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h21
- Increase in Unemployment Rate is Highest Among Brazil's Youngest Workers
Unemployment increased more among the youngest members of the population than among other age groups last year, when unemployment reached record levels in Brazil, according to data released by IBGE (Brazilian Geographical and Statistic Institute).
Published on 02/24/2017 - 11h03
- Odebrecht Offers Plea Bargains to Countries that Continue Doing Business
Odebrecht signaled that it is willing to enter into plea-bargaining and leniency agreements with eight countries, but made it clear that in exchange it needs guarantees that the company will be allowed to continue doing business in these territories.
Published on 02/24/2017 - 10h34
- In Brazil, Haitian Takes up a Collection to Construct a School in Her Country
Geneviève Cherubin, a 34-year-old professor, left Haiti nearly two years-ago and now teaches French classes in São Paulo.
Published on 02/23/2017 - 11h00
- Number of Brazilians Caught Crossing U.S. Border Grows
In December 2016, Adriana (real name withheld), 28, from the state of Minas Gerais, arrived in Ciudad Juárez, in México, and was left by a coyote (people smuggler) on a road near the border with the U.S.
Published on 02/06/2017 - 13h39
- Brazilian Teaches Storytelling on Video to Refugees in Greece
Brazilian journalist André Naddeo, 35, arrived at the Greek port of f Pireu among thousands of refugees, with sheets of paper and pens.
Published on 01/30/2017 - 18h04
- Businessman who Introduced Trump to Melania Wants to Bring Him Closer to Brazil
Businessman who Introduced Trump to Melania Wants to Bring Him Closer to Brazil
Published on 01/30/2017 - 17h28
- End of 'Catch and Release' Announced by Trump Worries Brazilians
The "catch and release" policy, whose end was announced on Wednesday (the 25th) by President Donald Trump, was one of the primary motives for the heightened number of Brazilians emigrating illegally to the United States.
Published on 01/26/2017 - 14h23