Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Business Magnate Eike Batista Is Sentenced to 30 Years in Prison for Bribing Former Rio Governor Cabral
Former business magnate Eike Batista was sentenced to 30 years in prison following a lawsuit in which he was found guilty of bribing former Rio governor Sérgio Cabral (MDB).
Published on 07/04/2018 - 12h39
- 50 Million Live in a 'Desert' of Local Radio and TV in Brazil
For 50 million Brazilians, having a radio or TV at home does not mean having access to local content.
Published on 07/04/2018 - 12h03
- Brazilian Voters Abroad Rise by 41%
Eliane Bacelo, 55, has not voted for 28 years, since she emigrated with her family to the United States. She says she did not think she had the right to have an opinion, because she lived in another country. This year, concerned about what she calls chaos in Brazil, she changed her mind. She put her voter ID, as well as her husband's, in order.
Published on 07/04/2018 - 11h39
- Brazilian Athletes Are Accompanied by Relatives and Pet Dogs in Russia
On the main pier of Sochi, children could be seen playing soccer. But those who walked along the boardwalk never would have imagined that they were the sons and relatives of the Brazilian team's soccer stars.
Published on 06/26/2018 - 12h28
- Brazil Divides Investors in the U.S.
It seems like two different Brazils. On one side, there is a country to be regarded cautiously after the truck drivers' strike and the electoral uncertainties emerging on the horizon. On the other, there is an economy with "cheap" assets and the positive perspective of profits for companies.
Published on 06/25/2018 - 12h28
- Labour Court Rules Against Petrobras in Billion Dollar Lawsuit
On Wednesday, the 21st, Petrobras lost the biggest lawsuit it had ever faced in Brazil's Labour Court system. In a close 13 to 12 ruling, the Superior Labour Court (TST) found that the company will have to pay over R$ 15 billion (US$ 4 billion) to employees who questioned the company's wage policy and raise the company's annual payroll by R$ 2 billion (US$ 532 million).
Published on 06/22/2018 - 12h47
- Lula Can Accelerate Economic Growth, According to Voters
According to a Datafolha poll, 32% of respondents mentioned former Brazilian president Lula as the most prepared pre-candidate to accelerate economic growth in Brazil.
Published on 06/22/2018 - 12h25
- Cities in the State of Santa Catarina Fight for Title of Brazil's Coldest Cities
A battle of frost and media has been fought among the cities of São Joaquim, Urubici and Urupema, in the region of Serra Santa Catarina, for the last ten years. The cities compete for the title of the coldest city in Brazil.
Published on 06/22/2018 - 12h15
- 73% of Brazilian Laboratories Mistake Zika Virus Diagnoses
A study with 15 public and private laboratories in seven Brazilian states showed that 11 (73%) made mistakes in the diagnoses of zika virus. Each lab tested 12 samples; more than half of them (8) showed two or more wrong results, positive or negative.
Published on 06/21/2018 - 11h58
- 'When Theater Goes Down, the Country Goes Down," Says Actress Fernanda Montenegro
Brazilian actress Fernanda Montenegro was 16 years old when she began her career.
Published on 06/18/2018 - 12h02