Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Anyone Who Offends a Military Police Officer in São Paulo is Risking Their Life, Declares Governor
São Paulo's Governor, Márcio França (PSB Party) said on Monday (the 14th) that anyone who offends the uniform of the Military Police (PM), offends the integrity of the whole corporation, and is putting their life at risk.
Published on 05/15/2018 - 12h17
- City Councilors Authorize São Paulo City Hall to Sell Anhembi Complex
On Wednesday, May 2, the city councilors of São Paulo voted and passed a bill that authorizes the privatization of the Anhembi complex, in the city's north zone. As the authorization occurred in the second voting, the São Paulo City Hall already counts on the city council's final approval to privatize the site.
Published on 05/03/2018 - 12h42
- Brazilians Become More Optimistic about Their Own Financial Situations
According to a poll conducted by the Datafolha institute, the improvement in terms of expectations that Brazilians have regarding their own financial situations did not translate into a more optimistic take on the country's economic growth.
Published on 04/18/2018 - 11h18
- Judge to Hear Charges on 'MDB Criminal Gang' Regarding President Temer's Friends
Judge Marcos Vinícius Reis Bastos, of the 12th Federal District Court in Brasília, agreed to hear charges of racketeering against nine people, among them politicians from the MDB Party and two close friends of President Michel Temer, Coronel João Baptista de Lima Filho and lawyer José Yunes.
Published on 04/10/2018 - 11h21
- Army still Disoriented in Fight against Violence 40 Days into Rio Federal Intervention
Military Police officers are still getting killed in armed confrontations with criminals, while residents of Rio de Janeiro's neediest neighborhoods continue to suffer the consequences of high crime levels.
Published on 03/27/2018 - 11h29
- Armed Forces Close Down Test in Slum One Month After Intervention Begins
Following a one-month trial period, the Armed Forces have decided to vacate the Vila Kennedy favela in Rio de Janeiro, which was selected to conduct public security tests.
Published on 03/20/2018 - 14h32
- Singing About Butts, Funk Is Fighting Its Way to the Top of Music Charts
With more than 160 million views in a bit over a month since its debut, Anitta's "Vai Malandra" video is a current reflection of Brazilian music charts: the obsession with butts - even those with imperfections.
Published on 01/26/2018 - 11h30
- Survey Reveals the 15 Brazilian Artists Who Get More Views on YouTube Outside the Country
At first glance, it may seem difficult to draw parallels between Sepultura, Michel Teló, Axé Bahia and João Gilberto. But there is one thing they all have in common: they are part of a select group of Brazilian artists who get more views abroad than at home.
Published on 01/12/2018 - 11h02
- Carlos Heitor Cony, Lyrical and Acute Novelist and Writer, Dies at 91 in Rio
Journalist, novelist and Folha columnist Carlos Heitor Cony passed away on the night of 5th January in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at the age of 91 years. He has died in hospital of multiple organ failure around 11pm. He had undergone surgery on his abdomen.
Published on 01/08/2018 - 11h08
- Funk From São Paulo Extends Beyond State Lines, Becoming Popular in Brazil and the World Over
It was May of last year, and Brazilian music was being blasted at a nightclub in Beijing. Coming through the speakers was the already famous "funk" beat. And, as DJs would point out, it was working: the dance floor was crowded and people were dancing even if they couldn't understand a word of the music.
Published on 12/20/2017 - 10h43