Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Carnival on Major São Paulo Avenue Creates Difficulties for Hospitals
Hailed as a solution for preventing turmoil in residential neighborhoods, the decision by São Paulo Mayor João Doria (PSDB Party) to transfer Carnival blocks to Avenida 23 de Maio has created difficulties for residents and patients interned at hospitals in the Aclimação, Bela Vista and Paraíso neighborhoods and the surrounding region.
Published on 02/13/2018 - 11h39
- São Paulo Carnival Already Has Reveler Electrocuted by Traffic Poll and Deaths From Fighting
Engineering student Lucas Antônio Lacerda da Silva, 22, collapsed from an electric shock after leaning against a pedestrian traffic signal poll on the corner of Consolação and Matias Aires streets, in the central region of São Paulo, during a Carnival Block parade on Sunday afternoon (the 4th).
Published on 02/06/2018 - 11h19
- Virado à Paulista Dish Is Deemed Cultural Heritage in the State of São Paulo
According to the history books, on August 17th, 1822, when Dom Pedro I was on his way to the banks of Ipiranga, he stopped to eat Virado à paulista - a Brazilian dish - to replenish himself before unleashing his freedom cry.
Published on 02/06/2018 - 10h49
- Pre-Carnival in São Paulo Gets Passing Grade As Problems Shift to New Locations This Year
The pre-Carnival celebration, and its 187 carnival blocks which were scattered throughout the streets of São Paulo over the weekend, got passing grades in terms of attendance, traffic, hygiene and security, though there were also a few setbacks at parades on Saturday (the 3rd) and Sunday (the 4th).
Published on 02/05/2018 - 11h14
- El tamaño de cracolandia disminuye, pero los conflictos diarios continúan en el centro de São Paulo
"Nos damos cuenta por las palomas", dice una mujer frente a la estación de tren Júlio Prestes, en el centro de São Paulo. "Si las palomas están tranquilas, nada va a suceder, pero cuando comienzan a volar sin parar, es que va a empezar la confusión".
Published on 02/01/2018 - 14h38
- Following 4 Liver Transplants Due to Yellow Fever, Clínicas Hospital in SP Preps Medical Centers
After performing four liver transplants to treat fulminant hepatitis caused by the yellow fever virus - three of which took place this past week - the Clínicas Hospital in São Paulo began training other health institutions in the country so that they can also perform the procedure: one that is unprecedented the world over.
Published on 01/24/2018 - 11h17
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate for Travelers Takes Up to 3 Months
In the midst of an increase in yellow fever cases, anyone planning to travel to countries that require an international certificate for proof of vaccination has to wait as long as three months to get it.
Published on 01/18/2018 - 11h47
- World Health Organization Puts All of São Paulo State on Yellow Fever Risk Map
The World Health Organization (WHO) added the entire state of São Paulo to the yellow fever risk map and recommended all international tourists traveling to municipalities in São Paulo to get vaccinated.
Published on 01/17/2018 - 11h41
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Runs Out in São Paulo Clinics; Health Posts Have Late Night Waiting Lines
Increased demand for the vaccine against yellow fever has been causing stocks to run out in many private clinics in São Paulo since Friday, the 12th.
Published on 01/16/2018 - 11h47
- Residents Live Alone on Mini-Islands Off the São Paulo Coast
"This is our television", says psychologist Maria Miller, 56, on the terrace of her house. She points to the ocean at a dolphin route. "This is our Animal Planet [channel]." She looks up at the sky. "The Weather Channel", she says.
Published on 12/28/2017 - 10h45