Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- New Method Created by Brazilian Scientist to Measure Brain Pressure Now Available at Hospitals
A medical technology born out of the dissatisfaction of a Brazilian scientist with his own treatment is beginning to reach hospitals.
Published on 05/11/2018 - 11h45
- Informer Says Rio's Kickback Bought Four Votes in the IOC
The bribe paid to Senegalese Lamine Diack bought four votes in the IOC (International Olympic Committee) in favor of Rio de Janeiro's bid to host the 2016 Games. The information was disclosed in a plea bargain agreement by Carlos Emanuel Miranda, suspected of managing the kickbacks of former governor Sérgio Cabral (MDB).
Published on 05/11/2018 - 11h27
- Fearing Divisions within Party, PT Reaffirms that Lula Is Still Their Presidential Candidate
In order to politically defend former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva - who has been in prison in the city of Curitiba since Saturday night - party leaders of the PT (Workers' Party ) intend to hold a meeting in the city, which is the capital of Paraná, so they can stand behind their decision to endorse Lula as the party's official presidential candidate.
Published on 04/09/2018 - 11h48
- Aécio Neves Denies Wealth Increase after 2014
Aécio Neves reacted to the article published by Folha de S.Paulo on Tuesday (13), in which it stated his wealth went from R$ 2.5 million (US$ 767 thousand) in 2015 to R$ 8 million (US$ 2.45 million) in 2016, as the result of a financial transaction between Aécio and his sister Andrea Neves, involving ownership shares the senator held in the radio station Arco Íris.
Published on 03/14/2018 - 11h32
- Bebeto de Freitas, Leader of the Brazilian "Silver Generation" of Volleyball, Dies at 68
Bebeto de Freitas, former-volleyball player, former-coach of the Brazilian national volleyball team and sports director, died on Tuesday (13), at age 68, in Belo Horizonte.
Published on 03/14/2018 - 11h28
- Brazil's Ministry of Sports Accumulated US$ 4.6 Million in Irregular Expenses, According to Audit
The Comptroller General of the Union (CGU) carried out an audit that flagged several irregular expenses in the spending statement filed by the Executive Secretariat of the Ministry of Sports.
Published on 03/09/2018 - 11h31
- Brazilian Skier Left the Slum to Compete in Winter Olympics
Like many young Brazilians, Victor Santos, 20, dreamed of soccer and imagined that the sport could provide him with a better situation in life. But it ended up being another sporting modality that provided for a significant change in his life.
Published on 02/20/2018 - 11h19
- Neymar Was Hired by Globo Network for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
Neymar Jr., the most valuable player in the history of soccer, had a contract with the Globo network during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The contract, which lasted at least until 2015, stipulated that the soccer star had to collaborate with the network.
Published on 02/19/2018 - 10h50
- Video Assistant Referees in Brazilian Soccer League Are Scrapped Due to Elevated Cost
The bill for video assistant referees (VAR) presented by the Brazilian Confederation of Football (CBF) that League A soccer teams would have to pay is more expensive than what other nations currently pay (or will start paying in 2018).
Published on 02/16/2018 - 11h43
- Coach in Charge of Olympic Wrestling Team Takes on Sexism
"You're going to quit, right?". Lucimar Medeiros, 46, can't even remember how many times she has heard that question before. Some put it bluntly while others ask it more subtly.
Published on 02/14/2018 - 10h52