Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- São Paulo Countryside Expands Production Borders of Good Wines in Brazil
It was during a party with friends, on the farm his family had recently bought for leisure time, that lawyer Luís Roberto Lorenzato di Ivrea realized that he could make wine right there, in Ituverava, in the Ribeirão Preto region (313 kilometers from São Paulo).
Published on 10/13/2016 - 15h04
- South of Florianópolis Has More Conserved Areas and Is Less Sought After Than the North
Florianópolis is one of those places from where you always come back thinking about the places in the area you left out, giving you reasons to return yet again.
Published on 09/29/2016 - 12h43
- São Paulo Has Urban Campsite with Artificial Grass on Building Rooftop
The tents placed side by side, with mattresses and sleeping bags inside, make up a scenario that is very similar to that of any other campsite in the world. But there is one difference: instead of waterfalls and mosquitoes, there is artificial grass, and the buildings and traffic of São Paulo.
Published on 09/22/2016 - 11h10
- Historic Cities of Minas Gerais Join Styles and Carry Original Features
The first thought that comes to mind when speaking of art in Minas Gerais is the historic heritage of the gold cycle which is especially visible in the state's religious architecture.
Published on 08/25/2016 - 11h57
- Farms of Rio de Janeiro's Golden Age of Coffee Are Revitalized to Receive Visitors
A scene, which dates back to the 1990s, surprised the owner of the farm, Núbia Vergara Caffarelli: a group of 40 ladies were walking around the large house and going into the rooms, looking at mirrors, dressing tables, altars and porcelain pieces.
Published on 05/27/2016 - 11h28
- Jaguar Populations in the Pantanal Recovering to Delight of Tourists
The "hunt" begins at first light, with tourists trying to make themselves comfortable on the seats of the motorboat. The boatman checks the last details whilst making radio contact with other launches that are making the same trip. All have the same target: the jaguar.
Published on 02/18/2016 - 09h25
- Popular Spirit Cachaça Produced All Over Brazil, with Regional Differences
While the Brazilian spirit cachaça is often associated with the town of Paraty, in Rio de Janeiro, and the state of Minas Gerais, it was in fact born in 1516 in what is today Pernambuco, according to the records of a distillery in Itamaracá.
Published on 02/17/2016 - 09h07
- Despite Attacks, Pernambuco Has Not Monitored Sharks for Over a Year
Pernambuco, the Brazilian state with the highest frequency of shark attacks, has not been monitoring sharks for over a year. The state has had 62 incidents since 1992, 23 of them fatal.
Published on 02/12/2016 - 16h10
- With its 19th Century Architecture, Belém Retains Shades of the "Tropical Paris"
Instead of seeing boatmen transporting baskets full of açaí through the port like today, a visitor to Belém at the end of the 19th century would have seen workers unloading boats from Europe, which came carrying French cheese, wine and fine clothes.
Published on 01/21/2016 - 10h34
- On the Southern Coast, Barra Grande Beach Attracts Visitors with Good Winds and Warm Waters
As soon as the aircraft doors open, a waft of warm air invades the inside of the plane, causing a hair raising thermic shock. We've arrived in Teresina, in a scorching heat that exceeds 40°C, commonplace for the residents of the capital of Piauí, the only one in the northeast region that is situated far from the coastal breeze.
Published on 01/14/2016 - 10h16