Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Dilma prepares her first environmental package for next Tuesday
President Dilma Rousseff should create the first protected areas of her term next Tuesday. The new decrees are part of a package of measures to commemorate the World Environment Day.
Published on 06/02/2012 - 10h10
- We have to be careful not to paint the beast green, says activist
The Indian physicist and activist Vandana Shiva, one of the most recognized voices on sustainable development, believes that Rio+20 will not be a failure, unlike other more pessimistic predictions.
Published on 06/01/2012 - 11h26
- Rio+20 won't compensate for airplane pollution
The air travel of conference participants, which is the main source of greenhouse gas emissions from Rio+20, will not be compensated by the committee created by the Brazilian government for the event.
Published on 05/31/2012 - 17h28
- Payment for Rio+20 traditional huts creates disputes among indigenous
Chief Atawalu Totopyre Kamaiura traveled three days from his village in Alto Xingu (MT) to Rio in order to construct one of the traditional huts for Kari-Oca, the event that will run parallel to Rio+20 to unite indigenous people from all over the world to discuss sustainable development.
Published on 05/30/2012 - 16h54
- Security at Rio+20 will be half of what it was for Eco-92
The authority in charge of security for Rio+20 announced yesterday that security measures will be roughly half of what was mobilized for Eco-92.
Published on 05/29/2012 - 11h31
- Rio+20 to restrict traffic at Galeão airport
The government is considering the partial shutdown of air traffic at the Galeão international airport during the Rio+20 conference.
Published on 05/26/2012 - 14h13
- Dilma's veto reopens debate in the Brazilian Congress on Environmental Law
Without transparency in content and on the grounds of seeking a middle ground between farmers and environmentalists, President Dilma Rousseff announced that she will veto 12 of the 84 articles of the Forest Code passed by the House of Representatives.
Published on 05/26/2012 - 07h57
- Appeal for Brazilian forest code from Forum of Ex-ministers
We, the Forum of Brazilian Ex-Ministers of the Environment, direct this public appeal to the president of the Republic with respect to the law 1976/99, approved by the Chamber of Deputies, for the modification of the Forest Code.
Published on 05/22/2012 - 14h03
- U.N. lists 56 recommendations for a sustainable world
Yesterday in Rio, the U.N. launched the Portuguese version of a report with 56 recommendations for the world to move towards sustainable development.
Published on 05/20/2012 - 14h08
- Agreement releases hotel vacancies for Rio+20
Following complaints and cancellations, an agreement was struck by the Brazilian government, hotels and tourism operator Terramar to reduce nightly rates by between 15 and 35 percent during Rio+20.
Published on 05/18/2012 - 17h13