Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- 'When Theater Goes Down, the Country Goes Down," Says Actress Fernanda Montenegro
Brazilian actress Fernanda Montenegro was 16 years old when she began her career.
Published on 06/18/2018 - 12h02
- Public Construction Works from the 2014 World Cup Are Still Unfinished in Eight Capital Cities
While Brazil gets ready to root for the national team during the World Cup in Russia, public construction works public transportation projects projected for the 2014 World Cup are still underway in eight capitals.
Published on 06/14/2018 - 12h34
- Unprecedented Presidential Decision Puts General in Charge of Defense Ministry
President Michel Temer chose not to follow a recommendation from his aides and on Wednesday (the 13th) appointed Army General Joaquim Silva e Luna as Defense Minister.
Published on 06/14/2018 - 12h21
- The Brazilian President Temer's Unpopularity Is Mainly Due to the Economy
A Datafolha survey shows that the all-time high unpopularity of Brazilian President Michel Temer (MDB) is due essentially to dissatisfaction with the overall performance of his administration - particularly regarding the economy. It also shows that the president's personal image and the loss of status caused by corruption scandals that involve him are secondary issues.
Published on 06/14/2018 - 11h28
- Number of Brazilian Radio Stations to Broadcast World Cup Plummets
After the growth recorded in the last two World Cups, the number of Brazilian radio stations which will broadcast the games has dropped, reaching a level similar to that of the tournament held in South Korea and Japan in 2002.
Published on 06/13/2018 - 11h54
- Brazilian Judge Moro Takes Measure to Protect Companies and Informants in Car Wash Investigation
Brazilian judge Sergio Moro imposed a measure to block actions from control bodies and the federal government, prohibiting the use of evidence obtained by operation Car Wash against informers and companies that admitted to crimes and began to cooperate with public prosecutors in the investigations.
Published on 06/13/2018 - 11h43
- For Every Young Brazilian Killed, Country Loses US$ 150 Thousand
For every young Brazilian between the ages of 13 and 25 who gets murdered, Brazil loses approximately R$ 550 thousand (US$ 150 thousand). The high number of homicides over the past 20 years has led the country to lose a total of R$ 450 billion (US$ 120 billion).
Published on 06/11/2018 - 11h47
- 72% Say Brazilian Economy Is Worse, Datafolha Survey Shows
A Datafolha survey shows that the perception of a deteriorating economy in the country is spreading among Brazilians.
Published on 06/11/2018 - 11h23
- With no Alternative for Former President Lula's Supporters, Presidential Race Continues Undefined
Two months after the arrest of former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT Party), his adversaries in the Presidential Race continue encountering difficulty in winning over voters.
Published on 06/10/2018 - 01h31
- Brazil's Government Auctions Off 3 of the 4 Pre-Salt Oil Fields, Collecting US$ 807 million
Brazil's government auctioned off three of the four pre-salt oil fields offered in the fourth round of bidding on Thursday (the 7th), collecting R$ 3.15 billion (US$ 807 million).
Published on 06/08/2018 - 11h00