Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Historic Cities of Minas Gerais Join Styles and Carry Original Features
The first thought that comes to mind when speaking of art in Minas Gerais is the historic heritage of the gold cycle which is especially visible in the state's religious architecture.
Published on 08/25/2016 - 11h57
- Farms of Rio de Janeiro's Golden Age of Coffee Are Revitalized to Receive Visitors
A scene, which dates back to the 1990s, surprised the owner of the farm, Núbia Vergara Caffarelli: a group of 40 ladies were walking around the large house and going into the rooms, looking at mirrors, dressing tables, altars and porcelain pieces.
Published on 05/27/2016 - 11h28
- Jaguar Populations in the Pantanal Recovering to Delight of Tourists
The "hunt" begins at first light, with tourists trying to make themselves comfortable on the seats of the motorboat. The boatman checks the last details whilst making radio contact with other launches that are making the same trip. All have the same target: the jaguar.
Published on 02/18/2016 - 09h25
- Popular Spirit Cachaça Produced All Over Brazil, with Regional Differences
While the Brazilian spirit cachaça is often associated with the town of Paraty, in Rio de Janeiro, and the state of Minas Gerais, it was in fact born in 1516 in what is today Pernambuco, according to the records of a distillery in Itamaracá.
Published on 02/17/2016 - 09h07
- Despite Attacks, Pernambuco Has Not Monitored Sharks for Over a Year
Pernambuco, the Brazilian state with the highest frequency of shark attacks, has not been monitoring sharks for over a year. The state has had 62 incidents since 1992, 23 of them fatal.
Published on 02/12/2016 - 16h10
- With its 19th Century Architecture, Belém Retains Shades of the "Tropical Paris"
Instead of seeing boatmen transporting baskets full of açaí through the port like today, a visitor to Belém at the end of the 19th century would have seen workers unloading boats from Europe, which came carrying French cheese, wine and fine clothes.
Published on 01/21/2016 - 10h34
- On the Southern Coast, Barra Grande Beach Attracts Visitors with Good Winds and Warm Waters
As soon as the aircraft doors open, a waft of warm air invades the inside of the plane, causing a hair raising thermic shock. We've arrived in Teresina, in a scorching heat that exceeds 40°C, commonplace for the residents of the capital of Piauí, the only one in the northeast region that is situated far from the coastal breeze.
Published on 01/14/2016 - 10h16
- Visit Beaches Near Porto Seguro for Zenlike Peace and Contemplation
Caraíva is a place stuck in time. The village, which is located at the mouth of the river of the same name, nearly 70km from Porto Seguro, Bahia, is accessible only by canoe.
Published on 01/07/2016 - 09h06
- Take a Tour of the Planalto Palace, Workplace of President Rousseff
Of all the famous buildings in Brasília, there is none more important than the Planalto Palace. After all, it is the official workplace of the President of Brazil, the leader of a nation of more than 200 million people (140 million of them voters).
Published on 12/17/2015 - 09h39
- Argentine Accent Returns to Brazilian Beaches
With the Argentine currency appreciated – a pre-election strategy carried out by Cristina Kirchner to avoid an unpopular dollar hike – and the Brazilian real underappreciated, Brazil has become once again an attractive destination to Argentine tourists.
Published on 12/07/2015 - 08h27