Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Supreme Court Justice Lifts Bank Secrecy of Senator Aécio Neves
Justice Marco Aurélio Mello of Brazil's Supreme Court (STF), lifted the banking secrecy of senator Aécio Neves (PSDB-MG), his sister Andrea Neves, his cousin Frederico Pacheco and that of Mendherson de Souza, a former aide of senator Zezé Perrella (PMDB-MG).
Published on 12/08/2017 - 11h40
- Lava Jato Returns US$ 200 Million to Petrobras, the Largest Amount Obtained in a Criminal Investigation
The Prosecutor General's Office held an event on Thursday (the 7th) announcing that it would be returning R$ 653.9 million (US$ 198.7 million) to state-run oil company Petrobras.
Published on 12/08/2017 - 11h35
- We Will Reach Out to Those Who Protested, Declares Ex-President Lula
Foreseeing turbulence in 2018, on Wednesday (the 6th), former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said that he would reach out to those who had protested for the removal of former president Dilma Rousseff.
Published on 12/07/2017 - 11h20
- Brazilian Police Arrest Drug Lord Rogério 157, Pivot of War in Rio Slum
The central figure in the most recent war in Rocinha slum, in Rio de Janeiro, drug lord Rogério Avelino da Silva, known as Rogério 157, was arrested on Wednesday morning, December 6, in the Arará slum, in the city's North zone, in a major operation that made security agents commemorate, but caused concern regarding the areas dominated by criminal gangs and violence as a whole in the state of Rio.
Published on 12/07/2017 - 11h07
- Company That Ran Trump's Campaign Has Arrived in Brazil
Of the many controversial aspects surrounding Trump's presidential campaign, at least one has been exported to Brazil and will most likely be a part of the 2018 election.
Published on 12/06/2017 - 10h19
- Disapproval of Brazilian Congress Hits Record High
Brazilian Congress has reached the highest disapproval rating in recent history.
Published on 12/06/2017 - 09h49
- Brazilian Socialite Carmen Mayrink Veiga Dies in Rio at 88
Socialite Carmen Mayrink Veiga died at 88 on Sunday, the 3rd. For years she had been suffering from tropical spastic paraparesis, an infectious disease that can spread to the brain, affecting body movement.
Published on 12/05/2017 - 08h22
- Rapporteur of the Appellate Court Reaches Decision in Lawsuit Concerning Former President Lula
Federal Judge João Pedro Gebran Neto, Lava Jato Operation rapporteur at the Federal Regional Court of the 4th Region, concluded his vote in the trial that may make the former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva ineligible, due to the Clean Record Act. The case was referred to the reviewer, Judge Leandro Paulsen.
Published on 12/05/2017 - 08h01
- Brazil Has Not Complied with Its Climate Guidelines
For those who have been covering Brazil's behavior since it committed itself to the Paris Agreement measures there is simply no room for argument: the country has been moving in the opposite direction of the very policies it devised.
Published on 12/04/2017 - 10h33
- Finance Minister Says Government Will Present a Candidate for 2018 Presidential Election
In an interview with Folha, Finance Minister Henrique Meirelles said that the federal government will have its own candidate for the 2018 presidential election, and that it won't be São Paulo's governor Geraldo Alckmin.
Published on 12/04/2017 - 10h18