Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Majority in Brazil's Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Validity of the JBS Plea-Bargain Testimony
A majority of the justices in Brazil's Supreme Court ruled to validate the plea-bargain testimony of JBS executives on Thursday (the 22nd). The court also decided to maintain justice Edson Fachin chairman of the case.
Published on 06/23/2017 - 12h57
- Brazil Will Lose at Least US$ 50 Million of Norwegian Aid to the Amazon
Brazil will lose at least R$ 166.5 million (US$ 50.5 million) of the aid given by Norway this year due to the recent increase in deforestation in the Amazon.
Published on 06/23/2017 - 12h01
- Federal Police Report Is Premature and Weak, Says President Temer's Defense
The defense of President Michel Temer said the partial report presented by the Brazilian Federal Police which accuses Temer of "passive corruption" is "absolutely fragile, premature and uncertain."
Published on 06/22/2017 - 08h28
- Norway, Largest Donor in the Amazon, Criticizes Brazilian Environmental Policy
The climate in Norway is not at all favorable for President Michel Temer (PMDB Party) who will be arriving in Oslo on Thursday (the 22nd) for a two-day visit.
Published on 06/21/2017 - 08h58
- Temer Guided Operations That Generated Bribes, Says Broker
Securities broker Lúcio Funaro told the Federal Police that President Michel Temer participated in the operation that generated payments of "commissions" of R$ 20 million (US$ 7.1 million).
Published on 06/21/2017 - 08h36
- Temer Vetoes Cut in National Forest, But Will Propose Another Reduction
President Temer on Monday (the 19th) vetoed provisional legislation (MP) that would have reduced the level of protection in part of the National Forest (Flona) of Jamanxim, in the state of Pará.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h51
- Federal Police Inquiry Concerning President Temer Has Reason to Believe Corruption Took Place
Folha obtained information demonstrating that a preliminary Federal Police report into the actions of president Michel Temer and his former aide Rodrigo Rocha Loures, has reason to believe that passive corruption took place.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 09h15
- Ex-Minister Geddel Intermediated Negotiations for Cunha's Silence, Says Businessman Batista
Businessman Joesley Batista, a partner of the J&F group, a private holding based in Brazil, said that former minister Geddel Vieira Lima (PMDB-BA) was the "messenger" of President Michel Temer, responsible for informing him on the situation of alleged payments to buy the silence of former congressman Eduardo Cunha (PMDB-RJ) and black market currency dealer Lúcio Bolonha Funaro. Both have been in jail since last year after actions of the Lava Jato operation.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 08h34
- Limit for Expenditure Tightens Election Campaigns
The adoption of a ceiling to limit politicians' expenditure during election campaigns is positive for democracy, shows a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, a renowned American research center.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 08h28
- JBS Businessman's Interview Contradicts Testimony He Gave Regarding Encounter with Temer
In an interview given to magazine "Época", JBS businessman Joesley Batista made two statements that contradicted the testimony he gave to the PGR (Prosecutor General of the Republic) following his plea bargain deal.
Published on 06/19/2017 - 12h19