Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- To Combat Deficits, Temer Government Reduces Tax Benefits for Companies
In order to combat deficits in the budget, President Michel Temer decided to put an end to tax benefits conceded to different economic sectors and to set aside R$ 32 billion (US$ 10,2 billion) from the Federal Budget this year.
Published on 03/29/2017 - 14h21
- President Michel Temer Complains to Allies that he is Feeling Pressured
In the midst of expectations regarding the end of confidentiality for plea bargain agreements and the judgment of the case against the 2014 Presidential ticket at the Federal Superior Electoral Tribunal (TSE), President Michel Temer made some off-the-cuff remarks on Tuesday (28) at a meeting with members of his support base at the Presidential Palace.
Published on 03/29/2017 - 14h19
- Analysis of Products from Meat Processing Plants Indicates no Health Risk, Says Minister of Agriculture
The Brazilian Agriculture Minister, Blairo Maggi, declared on Monday (27) that an analysis of part of the products from meat processing plants that were impounded after the Carne Fraca (Weak Flesh) Operation revealed that "they don't present any type of danger to human health".
Published on 03/28/2017 - 12h07
- Ceará Transfers Water from the Sertão to the State Capital
José Ferreira Lima, 69, prays every day for rain in the region of Orós, a city 350 km from Fortaleza embedded in the Ceará Sertão (Northeastern arid backlands).
Published on 03/28/2017 - 12h01
- Isolated Fishing Village Attracts Tourists to an Island in Paraná
A two-hour trip by boat, leaving from Paranaguá, is sufficient to get to the island of Superagui, on the coast of the State of Paraná, a region isolated from crowds.
Published on 03/27/2017 - 12h19
- Manifestations in Favor of Car Wash Investigation Mobilize Fewer People in Brazilian Streets
While Brazilian politicians are debating ways to minimize the effects of the so-called Car Wash investigation, manifestations defending the operation had little participation on Sunday (26).
Published on 03/27/2017 - 12h14
- 11 Countries Still Have Restrictions against Brazilian Meat
One day after stating that only China and Hong Kong were restricting the entrance of Brazilian meat in their territories, the Brazilian Minister of Agriculture said that 11 countries have suspended their purchases of meat from Brazil.
Published on 03/24/2017 - 13h41
- Ex-President Rousseff Knew about Slush Fund, Says Marcelo Odebrecht
In his statement to the Electoral High Court, executive Marcelo Odebrecht, the former head of the construction company and heir to the group, said that the former president of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff, knew about the slash fund paid to the 2014 presidential campaign.
Published on 03/24/2017 - 13h31
- Drought Warnings in Brazil Increase 409% in 13 Years
Today, March the 22nd, is World Water Day, and there isn't much to celebrate in Brazil. Cases of drought that led to either declarations of emergency situation or public calamity increased dramatically between 2003 and 2015, according to the ANA (National Water Agency).
Published on 03/22/2017 - 12h16
- "Pray to God that I will not be the candidate", Said Lula, Warning His Opponents
In a rally in the backlands of Paraíba, using an emotional tone, former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva launched himself into the 2018 electoral arena and publicly denounced an effort to prevent him from re-applying to the Presidency of the country.
Published on 03/20/2017 - 13h34