Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazil Registers Ten Gang Rapes per Day; Figure Doubles in Five Years
In Uruçuí (in the south of the Brazilian state of Piauí) a 15-year-old pregnant teenager was raped by three teenagers and her boyfriend was killed in front of her.
Published on 08/21/2017 - 11h21
- 'Brazil Wasn't Meant to Be the Crap That It Has Become', Says Former President Lula
Former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT) cast the country's current situation in a grim light on the morning of Saturday the 19th, in Bahia.
Published on 08/21/2017 - 10h47
- Rio de Janeiro Removes Tribute to Fallen Officers
The local government of Rio de Janeiro removed, on Wednesday evening (16), memorial plaques in honor of fallen police officers and victims of fatal stray bullets, at Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, in the South of Rio de Janeiro.
Published on 08/18/2017 - 11h44
- Court Order Suspending Concession of Award Eclipses First Stop of Lula's Campaign Trail
A federal judge from Bahia ruled to suspend a ceremony scheduled for Friday (the 18th) at the Recôncavo Baiano Federal University (UFRB) where former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was to be given an award.
Published on 08/18/2017 - 11h33
- Federal Supreme Court Maintains Rules for Indigenous Areas
In a unanimous decision on Wednesday the 16th, the Federal Supreme Court (STF) ruled against the government of Mato Grosso which was seeking indemnification for the expropriation of land for the Xingu national park and for reservations occupied by Nhambiquaras and Parecis Indians.
Published on 08/17/2017 - 10h49
- Former President Lula Will Confront Delicate Situation with Allies During Trip Around Northeast
Starting on Thursday the 17th, former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva will begin to travel through territory marked by political tension.
Published on 08/17/2017 - 10h39
- In Rio de Janeiro, One Police Officer Is Killed Every Two Days
In 2017, one police officer has been killed every two days in the state of Rio de Janeiro. The figure was obtained by tallying the number of officers killed on the job (21), the officers killed off duty (56) and those who were killed even though they had been retired (20).
Published on 08/15/2017 - 11h20
- Groups That United to Oust Rousseff Separate in the Case of President Temer
Sunday, March 13, 2016. Paulista Avenue. Some 500,000 protestors demand the ousting of then-president Dilma Rousseff (PT) in the biggest political act ever registered in the city of São Paulo. Three social movements fuel the demonstrations in the streets: the MBL (Movimento Brasil Livre), the Vem pra Rua and Nas Ruas.
Published on 08/14/2017 - 10h15
- Homeless Population on the Rise in Rio de Janeiro
Adilson Quintão Filho, 43, is a driver. He moved to Rio de Janeiro back in June for work, but after driving a bus to and from the Rocinha favela for 30 days, he lost his job. His boss claimed that the recession had forced him to cut spending. But the driver from Minas Gerais persisted.
Published on 08/14/2017 - 10h09
- Heiress of Swiss Bank Donates R$ 500,000 to Lula After Moro Froze His Accounts
If Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is considered the father of the Bolsa Família program, then she would like to be considered the mother of the "Lula Grant".
Published on 08/11/2017 - 15h33