Voted the best French restaurant by the judges of the "Best of sãopaulo 2014", The Ici Bistrô serves steak tartare among its dishes, one of the most traditional creations of French cuisine.
See how to prepare the recipe as served by chef Benny Novak.
AMOUNT: 4 small or 2 big servings
- 320gr of topside, knuckle or filet mignon (no skin or fat)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped purple onion
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped cucumber conserve
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce (if preferred)
- 1 shallow soup spoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of brandy
- 1 soup spoon of ketchup
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Chop up well, or buy already ground meat. Then mix all the ingredients in with the meat, including the raw egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper, if so desired, you can add the Tabasco sauce and the Worcestershire sauce to taste. Then place the mixture in a ring mold to give the individual shape to the steak tartare and serve with French fries, salad and toast.