Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- President Temer Tries to Speed Up Congressional Deliberation that Could Lead to Criminal Charges
President Michel Temer, who is already expecting the PGR (Prosecutor General of the Republic) to bring charges against him next week, is trying to get Congress to vote on the matter before the upcoming parliamentary recess, which begins on July 18th.
Published on 06/13/2017 - 12h00
- JBS Corporation Owners Sold Shares before the Plea-Bargain Was Leaked
On the eve of the release of information regarding the plea-bargain agreement that they had closed with the Federal General Prosecutor, controlling shareholders of food company giant JBS Corporation sold R$ 10 million (US$ 3 million) in shares of the company, avoiding losses of at least R$ 1 million (US$ 300 thousand).
Published on 06/12/2017 - 12h02
- President Temer Says Brazil Will Not Stop and Seeks Support from Congress
In his third statement after the disclosure of the plea bargains made by executives of JBS, the world's biggest meatpacking company, President Michel Temer sought support from Congress, which is already discussing his succession. "We are still making progress and voting important bills," Temer said on a video on social networks. He also said that the country "did not stop and will not stop."
Published on 05/26/2017 - 13h14
- Brazilian Police Raid São Paulo 'Crackland' and Make Arrests
On Sunday morning (21), a megaoperation carried out by the Military Police led to the removal of drug users as well as drug dealer arrests in a popular drug trafficking area of Crackland, in the central region of São Paulo (where crack cocaine has been sold and consumed freely for years).
Published on 05/22/2017 - 13h37
- Car Wash Operation Prosecutors Presents Documents Contradicting Lula's Deposition to Judge Moro
Prosecutors in the Car Wash Operation (Lava Jato) presented documents that contradict former president Lula's address to Judge Sergio Moro a week ago.
Published on 05/17/2017 - 12h24
- Privatization of Interlagos Racetrack will Allow for Residential Buildings on the Premises
The company that wins the bid to manage the Interlagos racetrack will be allowed to construct buildings on the premises. Such permission will be granted in the privatization project which São Paulo mayor João Doria (PSDB) will send to the City Council in May.
Published on 04/25/2017 - 12h22
- Final Result of the Banco do Brasil Bid Got Leaked 4 Days Early
The name of the company that finished in first place for the Banco do Brasil bid was revealed to Folha four days before the official results were released.
Published on 04/25/2017 - 11h38
- Street Dweller sets up a 'House' with a Couch and Rug, but São Paulo City Hall takes it down; 'I'll build it again', he Declares
Vlademir Delvechio, 33, went out in the early afternoon on Monday (the 24th) and when he came back, his house was no longer there.
Published on 04/25/2017 - 11h36
- Michel Temer Admits He May Reduce the Inflation Target Beginning in 2019
President Michel Temer admitted on Monday (the 10th) that his economic team is assessing the possibility of reducing the inflation target beginning in 2019.
Published on 04/11/2017 - 20h59
- Old Railroad Stations in São Paulo's Interior Marked by Neglect
Erected 140 years ago, the Cordeirópolis (SP) railroad station, one of the state's oldest, bears no resemblance to what it once was.
Published on 04/03/2017 - 14h32