Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Birdwatching Gets New Destinations in Brazil
In the 18th century in the State of Minas Gerais, the rivers at the base of the São José mountain range sprouted gold, and thanks to that, Tiradentes was born.
Published on 03/30/2017 - 13h40
- Woman Creates 'System' and Husband Writes Books by Blinking His Eyes
Having an ice cream cone, taking care of the orchids, fishing, kissing his son. Everyday activities that were commonly carried out by Dorivaldo Aparecido Fracaroli, 56, in Boraceia (316 kilometers from São Paulo), became impossible after he became sick.
Published on 03/30/2017 - 13h39
- Measures Adopted by Foreigners Barring Brazilian Meats Are most Likely Temporary
The Carne Fraca (Poor Meat) Operation has already devastated public perception of Brazil's meat industry. It has also strengthened the country's competitors. However, of all the crises the country has faced, this one will most likely be the shortest.
Published on 03/21/2017 - 11h29
- Revelers turn into Street Vendors to Take Part in Carnaval and Make Money
The "Carnaval of the Crisis" turned many revelers into mobile vendors in the Carnaval groups in the streets throughout Brazil. In Rio, banners and shouts promoted "sacolés" ("alcsicles") - also referred to as little cold ones or little jellies - frozen treats made of fruit juice and vodka or sugarcane liquor, competed for attention on the ground with the costumes and carnival parades.
Published on 03/03/2017 - 12h02
- Subway Ridership in São Paulo Decreases for the First Time in 12 Years
For the first time since 2004, São Paulo's subway system registered a decline in terms of annual ridership.
Published on 03/03/2017 - 11h54
- Agriculture Recovers in 2017 with a Good Harvest Forecast for Soybeans and Corn
So far, everything is going well for agriculture, a completely different scenario from 2016, when weather conditions were responsible for major decreases in production.
Published on 02/20/2017 - 10h52
- Musicians Evade Security and Perform in Metro and CPTM System Trains
With their voices, guitars and mandolins, musicians evade security and perform inside of train cars from the Metrô and CPTM (São Paulo Metropolitan Train Company) systems in the capital. This practice is prohibited inside of train cars, and is only allowed in stations at authorized events.
Published on 02/20/2017 - 10h40
- Courts Prohibit São Paulo City Hall from Removing Graffiti without Authorization from Council
São Paulo courts determined that the administration of João Doria (Brazilian Democratic Movement Party) is prohibited from removing graffiti from walls throughout the city with consulting beforehand with Conpresp (Municipal Patrimony Council).
Published on 02/15/2017 - 10h58
- Shoddy Streets Lead to Car Repairs and Higher Risk of Accidents, Aggravating São Paulo Drivers
"There are bumps all over the place. You just go from one to the next", said Miguel de Almeida, 65. "My car is falling apart. I've had to change my tires, rims and muffler", said Renan dos Santos Oliveira, 26.
Published on 02/03/2017 - 15h06
- Following Backlash, São Paulo Mayor to Hire Graffiti Artists and Pay for Paint
After being criticized by street artists for painting over the city's graffiti, São Paulo mayor João Doria (Brazilian Social Democracy Party) announced on Thursday (the 26th) he will hire graffiti artists and pay for their paint as a part of an open-air museum project which will be spread across town.
Published on 01/27/2017 - 16h40