Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Teaches Storytelling on Video to Refugees in Greece
Brazilian journalist André Naddeo, 35, arrived at the Greek port of f Pireu among thousands of refugees, with sheets of paper and pens.
Published on 01/30/2017 - 18h04
- Businessman who Introduced Trump to Melania Wants to Bring Him Closer to Brazil
Businessman who Introduced Trump to Melania Wants to Bring Him Closer to Brazil
Published on 01/30/2017 - 17h28
- End of 'Catch and Release' Announced by Trump Worries Brazilians
The "catch and release" policy, whose end was announced on Wednesday (the 25th) by President Donald Trump, was one of the primary motives for the heightened number of Brazilians emigrating illegally to the United States.
Published on 01/26/2017 - 14h23
- Brazilian Immigration Surges Increase as Trump's Inauguration Approaches
When Donald Trump promised to strengthen border policing right after he won the election, João (not his real name), who is from the state of Rondônia, realized it was time to speed things up when it came to crossing the border, so he set out to do so before Trump's inauguration on the 20th of January.
Published on 01/10/2017 - 13h23
- Number of Brazilians detained by in the US borders increases 142%
The number of Brazilians detained trying to immigrate to the United States grew 142 percent from 2015 to last year, according to data from the US Border Patrol.
Published on 01/04/2017 - 09h04
- Venezuelans Use Illegal Route to Buy Food in Brazil
Retired, João Pereira de Oliveira, 64, bought a piece of land one year ago to build his house and rest. The plan was going fine until the President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, decided to close the border between his country and Brazil.
Published on 01/02/2017 - 13h06
- Itamaraty Searching for Group of Brazilians Who Tried to Enter the United States by Boat
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has revealed that it is searching for a group of Brazilians who tried to enter the United States illegally by boat.
Published on 12/26/2016 - 14h18
- Stuck in Venezuela After Mountain Climbing Expedition, Brazilian Woman Describes Chaos and Escape Through the Forest
Gabriela (not her real name), 60, arrived in Venezuela on December 9th to climb Mount Roraima with nine other Brazilians. One week later when she returned to Santa Elena de Uairén, she found the city in chaos caused by the decision in Caracas to withdraw the 100-bolívar note from circulation.
Published on 12/23/2016 - 12h26
- Brazil Will Resettle Refugees from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala
At the beginning of the next year the Brazilian government will launch a program to resettle refugees called "Northern Triangle," comprised of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala.
Published on 12/16/2016 - 12h03
- Over 3,000 Filipinos Live in Cemeteries
For 35 years, Aurora Cura, 63, has lived in a cemetery in Pasay, in greater Manila. She raised her seven children there, four of which have built their own houses using parts of the tombs, the headstones or even, in the case of the Cura's family home, the trees in the cemetery.
Published on 12/15/2016 - 12h01