Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Aécio Neves Denies Wealth Increase after 2014
Aécio Neves reacted to the article published by Folha de S.Paulo on Tuesday (13), in which it stated his wealth went from R$ 2.5 million (US$ 767 thousand) in 2015 to R$ 8 million (US$ 2.45 million) in 2016, as the result of a financial transaction between Aécio and his sister Andrea Neves, involving ownership shares the senator held in the radio station Arco Íris.
Published on 03/14/2018 - 11h32
- Bebeto de Freitas, Leader of the Brazilian "Silver Generation" of Volleyball, Dies at 68
Bebeto de Freitas, former-volleyball player, former-coach of the Brazilian national volleyball team and sports director, died on Tuesday (13), at age 68, in Belo Horizonte.
Published on 03/14/2018 - 11h28
- Brazil's Ministry of Sports Accumulated US$ 4.6 Million in Irregular Expenses, According to Audit
The Comptroller General of the Union (CGU) carried out an audit that flagged several irregular expenses in the spending statement filed by the Executive Secretariat of the Ministry of Sports.
Published on 03/09/2018 - 11h31
- Brazilian Skier Left the Slum to Compete in Winter Olympics
Like many young Brazilians, Victor Santos, 20, dreamed of soccer and imagined that the sport could provide him with a better situation in life. But it ended up being another sporting modality that provided for a significant change in his life.
Published on 02/20/2018 - 11h19
- Neymar Was Hired by Globo Network for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
Neymar Jr., the most valuable player in the history of soccer, had a contract with the Globo network during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The contract, which lasted at least until 2015, stipulated that the soccer star had to collaborate with the network.
Published on 02/19/2018 - 10h50
- Video Assistant Referees in Brazilian Soccer League Are Scrapped Due to Elevated Cost
The bill for video assistant referees (VAR) presented by the Brazilian Confederation of Football (CBF) that League A soccer teams would have to pay is more expensive than what other nations currently pay (or will start paying in 2018).
Published on 02/16/2018 - 11h43
- Coach in Charge of Olympic Wrestling Team Takes on Sexism
"You're going to quit, right?". Lucimar Medeiros, 46, can't even remember how many times she has heard that question before. Some put it bluntly while others ask it more subtly.
Published on 02/14/2018 - 10h52
- Clubs Assist Brazilian Football Confederation Analyze Rivals for 2018 World Cup
The National Team is counting on help from Brazilian clubs to provide information about its adversaries in the 2018 World Cup to be held in Russia.
Published on 01/30/2018 - 10h58
- Neymar to Build House with Hangar in Rio for Storing Private Jet
In October of 2016, soccer star Neymar and his father, Neymar da Silva Santos, bought a mansion in the Portobello complex in Mangaratiba, Rio de Janeiro, for R$ 24 million (US$ 7.6 million).
Published on 01/29/2018 - 11h02
- Volleyball Federation Doctor Wants Stricter Rules for Transgender Players
Now that transgender player Tifanny Abreu, 33, is in the spotlight of Brazil's Superliga, the country's top women's volleyball tournament, playing for team Volei Bauru, the FIVB (International Volleyball Federation) will discuss, on Wednesday 24, during their medical commission meeting in Switzerland, the participation of transgender athletes in volleyball.
Published on 01/19/2018 - 11h18