Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Supreme Court Approves Salary Raise For Justices
Brazil's Supreme Court approved a salary raise of 16.4 percent for the Court's justices in 2019. The vote was 7 to 4.
Published on 08/09/2018 - 12h29
- Hiking Trails, Waterfalls and Cool Weather Make Travelling to Ceará During The Brazilian Winter Worthwhile
Average temperatures of 21°C (70° F) and sunshine that doesn't burn the skin challenge tourists' expectations at Serra do Baturité, distant 107 km (66.5 miles) from Fortaleza. Baturité is a winter destination in Ceará, a Brazilian Northeastern state better known for hot weather and beautiful beaches.
Published on 08/09/2018 - 12h05
- Researchers from Embrapa Develop Super Cherry Tomato in Brazil
A cherry tomato with higher levels of sugar and lycopene and naturally resistant to diseases has been developed by a research team at Embrapa (Brazilian Agricultural Research Company).
Published on 07/12/2018 - 11h48
- In the US, Eight Brazilian Children Have Been Separated from Their Parents
Brazilian Maria de Bastos moved to the US with her grandson, but now she can only speak to him over the phone once a week.
Published on 06/20/2018 - 10h28
- Foreigners Seeking Refuge in Brazil Have More than Doubled in a Year
In one year, the number of foreigners who already have or are seeking refugee status in Brazil has more than doubled, according to a report for the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (Acnur)
Published on 06/19/2018 - 11h50
- Warm Water, Constant Breeze and Deserted Beaches Attract Foreigners to Fortim, Ceará
7 Points of Interest:
Published on 06/19/2018 - 11h38
- Prehistoric Fossils Found in Squatting Area in Southern Brazil
The fossils of animals that lived between 42 million and 39 million years ago were found in 16-hectare site in the Brazilian city of Curitiba, in a place surrounded by squatting areas and at the back of an old hospital waste landfill.
Published on 05/17/2018 - 13h39
- Soaring Oil Prices Impact Brazilian Airline Companies
Recent high oil prices may be reason for celebration by oil companies and related firms whose revenues are related to the price of the commodity but are a cause of major concern for airline companies, who suffer from the consequences of high prices for the fuel that they use which raises their operating costs.
Published on 05/10/2018 - 11h46
- Folk Healers Remain Active within Chica da Silva's Land in the Minas Gerais Countryside
Mrs. Maria Mercita Cunha, 86, lives in a house surrounded by medicinal plants. She goes into the backyard, and in front of a guinea tree, asks nature for permission to use its powers in a cure. While this is going on, a young man waits in the kitchen to receive the healing blessing. Mercita picks some leaves from the plant and starts to pray.
Published on 04/19/2018 - 11h50
- The Arembepe Village, Brazil's Last Hippie Community, Celebrates 50 Years
The hippie village of Arembepe, in the State of Bahia, entered into worldwide fame 50 years ago when Mick Jagger visited it, turning it into a sanctuary for the counter-culture movement.
Published on 04/19/2018 - 10h49