Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Music Simplified Over the Past Decades, According to Study
Brazilian music has been simplified over the past few decades, according to a study published by data scientist Leonardo Sales, from Pernambuco, Brazil, in June.
Published on 08/16/2017 - 11h53
- Book Collects Letters Exchanged Between Friends José Saramago and Jorge Amado
Affectionate, brotherly, double hugs. Endless hugs. Very strong kisses.
Published on 07/28/2017 - 10h39
- Lima Barreto Class Presented by Actor Lázaro Ramos and Historian Lilia Schwarcz Works Up Audience at FLIP
The most important literary event in the country, the International Literary Festival of Paraty (FLIP), opened on Wednesday (the 26th). The event is held annually and hosts national and international writers.
Published on 07/27/2017 - 09h42
- Family Members Press Bossa Nova Star João Gilberto on R$ 5 Million Loan
Bossa nova star João Gilberto, 86, who has been facing financial difficulties, is being pressed in opposite directions by members of his family on whether or not to pay back a R$ 5 million (US$ 1.5 million) loan.
Published on 06/30/2017 - 10h11
- Under Discussion in Brazil, Curriculum Base Faces Obstacles in the USA
The current scenario in Brazilian education is very similar to what the situation was like in the United States back in 2010. That year, then-President Barack Obama, billionaire Bill Gates, and teaching associations and unions bet on an unprecedented and rigorous national curriculum standard aimed at placing the country's students among the best in the world in international learning assessments.
Published on 05/22/2017 - 18h05
- Wet Amazon Is More Vulnerable to Climate Change
A frightening paradox may make the Amazon region that spends half the year underwater the one more vulnerable to catastrophic fires and becoming a savannah because of climate change.
Published on 04/19/2017 - 13h22
- Five Star Hotels and Hostels in São Paulo: Accommodations for All Budgets
Is a hotel a place to fall asleep? Only if it is after that fine massage, of course. Take a have at the spa therapies offered by eight 5 star hotels.
Published on 04/10/2017 - 11h16
- Half a Century Ago, Tropicália Movement 'Crashed the Party'
The author recollects the cultural melting pot from which the Tropicalismo cultural movement emerged in Brazil. As it included foreign imagery and themes of the consumer society, the movement's forms were quite different from the political songs that were popular in the 1960s. The article states that echoes of the movement still find resonance in Brazilian art today.
Published on 04/10/2017 - 11h15
- Enigma of the Amazon Earthworks Solved
The mystery of the Amazon geoglyphs might be coming to an end soon. There are more than 500 of these strange geometric designs spread throughout the territory of the Brazilian state of Acre, some of them as wide as three city blocks.
Published on 03/27/2017 - 13h04
- Brazil Adapts to Try to Attract More Chinese Tourists
Since 2014, China has been the global leader in passengers travelling abroad. However, Brazil still receives less than 0.1% of that total, which has made the country's tourist sector target the chinese market.
Published on 03/16/2017 - 12h50