Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Curator of Canceled Art Exhibition Says Santander Bank Breached Elementary Norms
Gaudêncio Fidelis, the curator of the art show "Queermuseum - Cartography of the Differences in Brazilian Art", said he was disappointed by the decision made by Santander Cultural, which, on Sunday (the 10th) caved to criticism of the supposedly sexual connotation of the artwork and canceled the exhibit in Porto Alegre.
Published on 09/13/2017 - 11h29
- LGBT Art Exhibition in Porto Alegre Is Canceled Following Online Backlash
An art exhibit called "Queermuseum - Cartography of the Differences in Brazilian Art", which premiered on August 15th at the Santander Cultural center, in Porto Alegre, was called off following the backlash that ensued on social media.
Published on 09/13/2017 - 11h19
- São Paulo Fashion Week Ends With Controversy About Racism and Cultural Appropriation
Seemingly absent from the catwalks since 2013 (when protests calling for more black models took place at the São Paulo Fashion Week), racism and arguments about cultural appropriation came to the surface once again at the São Paulo Biennial, in Ibirapuera park.
Published on 09/01/2017 - 10h57
- Brazilian Music Simplified Over the Past Decades, According to Study
Brazilian music has been simplified over the past few decades, according to a study published by data scientist Leonardo Sales, from Pernambuco, Brazil, in June.
Published on 08/16/2017 - 11h53
- Book Collects Letters Exchanged Between Friends José Saramago and Jorge Amado
Affectionate, brotherly, double hugs. Endless hugs. Very strong kisses.
Published on 07/28/2017 - 10h39
- Lima Barreto Class Presented by Actor Lázaro Ramos and Historian Lilia Schwarcz Works Up Audience at FLIP
The most important literary event in the country, the International Literary Festival of Paraty (FLIP), opened on Wednesday (the 26th). The event is held annually and hosts national and international writers.
Published on 07/27/2017 - 09h42
- Family Members Press Bossa Nova Star João Gilberto on R$ 5 Million Loan
Bossa nova star João Gilberto, 86, who has been facing financial difficulties, is being pressed in opposite directions by members of his family on whether or not to pay back a R$ 5 million (US$ 1.5 million) loan.
Published on 06/30/2017 - 10h11
- Under Discussion in Brazil, Curriculum Base Faces Obstacles in the USA
The current scenario in Brazilian education is very similar to what the situation was like in the United States back in 2010. That year, then-President Barack Obama, billionaire Bill Gates, and teaching associations and unions bet on an unprecedented and rigorous national curriculum standard aimed at placing the country's students among the best in the world in international learning assessments.
Published on 05/22/2017 - 18h05
- Wet Amazon Is More Vulnerable to Climate Change
A frightening paradox may make the Amazon region that spends half the year underwater the one more vulnerable to catastrophic fires and becoming a savannah because of climate change.
Published on 04/19/2017 - 13h22
- Five Star Hotels and Hostels in São Paulo: Accommodations for All Budgets
Is a hotel a place to fall asleep? Only if it is after that fine massage, of course. Take a have at the spa therapies offered by eight 5 star hotels.
Published on 04/10/2017 - 11h16