Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Prosecutors to Look Into Accusations Against Former President of the CBF in Spain
The Prosecutor General's Office intends to investigate, in Brazil, the accusations brought by Spanish authorities against Ricardo Teixeira, 70, former president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (known by its Portuguese acronym as CBF).
Published on 07/19/2017 - 10h25
- 'There Is No Safer Place to Be Than Brazil,' Says Former President of the Brazilian Football Confederation
Suspected of having received bribes to help elect Qatar as host of the 2022 World Cup, Ricardo Teixeira, 70, former president of the Brazilian Football Confederation, called the accusations of the "Garcia Report", released on Tuesday (27th) by FIFA, "ridiculous".
Published on 06/28/2017 - 09h28
- Santa Catarina Soccer Team Used by Pogba and Ibrahimovic's Agent Shuts Down Leaving a Trace of Mystery
The end of a soccer team in the third division in the state of Santa Catarina (SC) shouldn't attract much attention. But there is little that is typical about the trajectory of the Maga Esporte Clube. A team that came up out of nowhere, didn't like the media and disappeared without leaving a trace.
Published on 06/27/2017 - 09h24
- What are Fans Singing in Brazilian Stadiums?
Folha went into the bleachers to hear what organized fan groups are singing at soccer games. Our reporters watched at least one game with each of the 20 A-Series Brazilian Championship teams. They witnessed the omnipresent homophobic insults, the incitement of violence and the fad of adapting famous songs into team pep-tunes.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h27
- Neymar's Colleague from Youth League Trains at the Beach and Refuses to Retire
"People ask me what happened? I reply: do you have the time to hear me out?" The phrase was spoken by attacking midfielder Geovane Batista, Lobo, 25, and serves as a preview of a typical story of talented young people in Brazilian soccer.
Published on 06/13/2017 - 11h21
- Odebrecht Informers' Videos and Reports Implicate President Temer, Sen. Aécio Neves and Ex Presidents Lula and Rousseff
Video recorded statements and written reports of informers of construction company Odebrecht implicate Brazilian President Michel Temer (PMDB), former presidents Lula and Dilma Rousseff, of the PT, Senator Aécio Neves (PSDB-MG), and dozens of other politicians.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h39
- Tennis Federation Cuts Funds for Athletes, but Increases It for Top Officials
After suffering a reduction of 76% from last year's amount in the sponsorship contract with the Post Office, the CBT (Brazilian Tennis Confederation) cut employees and reduced the monthly allowance that it provides to top tennis players in the country.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h30
- IBAMA Action Against Deforestation Impacts JBS Meatpacking Plants
In an anti-deforestation action in the Amazon this week, IBAMA (Brazilian Environmental Protection Agency) embargoed two JBS meatpacking plants and 13 other companies accused of purchasing cattle coming from areas of illegal deforestation.
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h41
- World Anti-Doping Agency Audits Brazilian Authority
This week, ABCD (Brazilian Doping Control Agency), the federal entity for combating doping attached to the Ministry of Sports, will undergo an audit from WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h39
- Training and Technology Postpone Athletes' Retirement
Citius, altius, fortius.
Published on 03/06/2017 - 11h07