- Brazilian Football Clubs Depend on Agents and Investment Funds
With 204 registered agents, Brazil has the sixth-highest number out of all the countries affiliated with FIFA. However, this year, FIFA decided to restrict the activity of agents in the game, meaning that their presence in Brazilian football will become even more significant.
Published on 12/17/2014 - 08h40
- World Cup Thrashing Exposed Identity Crisis of Brazilian Football
In the infamous 7-1 thrashing of Brazil in the semifinal of this year's World Cup, Germany's first goal came from a corner kick which reached Thomas Müller, completely unmarked on the six-yard line, without a single defender getting a head to the ball.
Published on 12/10/2014 - 09h21
- Taxi Driver Who Returned World Cup Tickets Wins UN Award
Taxi driver Adilson Luiz da Cruz, 43, was honoured on Monday (8) by the UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime), in Brasilia, for his "example of ethical behaviour."
Published on 12/09/2014 - 09h35
- Former Brazilian Soccer Player Pelé to Leave Hospital on Tuesday
After a two-week treatment, Pelé will be discharged on Tuesday (9), according to Albert Einstein hospital.
Published on 12/09/2014 - 08h58
- Brazilian Football Legend Pelé Is Transferred to Special Care Unit and Goes Through Hemodialysis
Pelé was admitted to Albert Einstein Hospital on Monday, November 24th, following tests were carried out after an operation revealed urinary infection.
Published on 11/28/2014 - 09h05
- Pelé Hospitalized Again in São Paulo, Now for Urinary Tract Infection
Pelé, 74, was again hospitalized in São Paulo on Monday night (24).
Published on 11/25/2014 - 09h20
- Flora and Fauna Inspire Mascots for Rio Olympic Games
One represents animal diversity. The other, an amalgamation of the country's flora.
Published on 11/24/2014 - 08h30
- Pele's Son and Former Goalkeeper Edinho Is Arrested in the Coastal City of Praia Grande
Pele's son and former goalkeeper Edson Cholbi Nascimento, nicknamed Edinho, was arrested on Tuesday afternoon (18) at Praia Grande Forum (São Paulo coast).
Published on 11/19/2014 - 09h12
- Palmeiras New Stadium Opens After Two-Year Delay
Four months after the end of the World Cup, Brazil has a new football stadium starting this Wednesday (19).
Published on 11/19/2014 - 08h54
- Pelé Goes Under Surgery to Remove Kidney Stones
Brazilian football legend, Pelé, 74, has undergone surgery for the removal of kidney stones at the Albert Einstein Hospital in southern São Paulo, on Thursday morning, November 13th.
Published on 11/14/2014 - 10h33