Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazilian Police Arrest Seven People for Match Fixing
On Wednesday, June 6, the Brazilian Civil Police Department arrested seven people suspected of being members of a gang responsible for match fixing - they allegedly interfered in the results of soccer matches, mainly in the A2 and A3 series of the São Paulo Championship, and lower divisions in the country's North and Northeast regions.
Published on 07/07/2016 - 10h14
- Without Playing Any Games, Club Declares Profit of R$ 2 million and Comes Under Scrutiny by FIFA
A small soccer club in the countryside of São Paulo managed to pull off an incredible feat in 2015. The SEV- Hortolândia club managed a surplus of R$ 2.7 million (US$ 750,000) in its balance sheet at the same time that major teams were recording millions in losses.
Published on 06/23/2016 - 10h49
- New Coach of Brazilian National Team Says That He Draws His Inspiration from the 1982 World Cup Team
New national coach Tite is a fan of Telê Santana and of the generation that lost the 1982 World Cup.
Published on 06/21/2016 - 10h41
- With a Weakened CBF, Tite Becomes the Coach of the Brazilian Soccer Team and Appoints Colleagues to Coaching Staff
After nearly twenty-fours of expectations, at the end of Wednesday afternoon, June 15, Tite was confirmed as the new coach of Brazil's national soccer team.
Published on 06/16/2016 - 10h07
- CBF President Fires Dunga, and Corinthians' Coach Is Chosen to Lead Brazil
Dunga is no longer the Brazilian national team's coach. He was fired on Tuesday (14) during a meeting with the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF, in its Portuguese acronym), Marco Polo Del Nero.
Published on 06/15/2016 - 11h01
- Brazil Ejected from Copa America in Worst Performance Since 1923
With one draw, one loss and one win, Brazil was eliminated from the Copa America Centenario on Sunday (12). Its performance rate was just 44.4%. This is the worst result for the Brazilian team since the 1923 tournament.
Published on 06/14/2016 - 10h23
- 2014 World Cup Arenas Prove to Be 'White Elephants'
Exactly two years after the opening match of the 2014 World Cup, the venues that received the matches suffer with poor attendance.
Published on 06/13/2016 - 09h30
- 14 Companies Go to Court Against World Cup Organizers Over Default
Businessman Daniel Okamoto has bad memories of the World Cup 2014, but not because of the 7-1 defeat that Germany imposed to Brazil.
Published on 05/25/2016 - 12h44
- Pelé Alleges a Medical Error in His First Hip Replacement Surgery
According to Brazilian football legend Pelé, 75, doctors have told him that an error was made during a hip-replacement operation he underwent in 2012.
Published on 04/07/2016 - 11h58
- 29 Corinthians Fans Arrested After Football Match for Attacking Palmeiras Fans
29 Gaviōes da Fiel fans (from Corinthians) were arrested on Sunday night (3) following the Palmeiras and Corinthians match, after they attacked three individuals near the Clínicas metro station on Dr. Arnaldo Avenue, in the capital's west zone.
Published on 04/04/2016 - 10h00