Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- What are Fans Singing in Brazilian Stadiums?
Folha went into the bleachers to hear what organized fan groups are singing at soccer games. Our reporters watched at least one game with each of the 20 A-Series Brazilian Championship teams. They witnessed the omnipresent homophobic insults, the incitement of violence and the fad of adapting famous songs into team pep-tunes.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 10h27
- Neymar's Colleague from Youth League Trains at the Beach and Refuses to Retire
"People ask me what happened? I reply: do you have the time to hear me out?" The phrase was spoken by attacking midfielder Geovane Batista, Lobo, 25, and serves as a preview of a typical story of talented young people in Brazilian soccer.
Published on 06/13/2017 - 11h21
- Odebrecht Informers' Videos and Reports Implicate President Temer, Sen. Aécio Neves and Ex Presidents Lula and Rousseff
Video recorded statements and written reports of informers of construction company Odebrecht implicate Brazilian President Michel Temer (PMDB), former presidents Lula and Dilma Rousseff, of the PT, Senator Aécio Neves (PSDB-MG), and dozens of other politicians.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h39
- Tennis Federation Cuts Funds for Athletes, but Increases It for Top Officials
After suffering a reduction of 76% from last year's amount in the sponsorship contract with the Post Office, the CBT (Brazilian Tennis Confederation) cut employees and reduced the monthly allowance that it provides to top tennis players in the country.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h30
- IBAMA Action Against Deforestation Impacts JBS Meatpacking Plants
In an anti-deforestation action in the Amazon this week, IBAMA (Brazilian Environmental Protection Agency) embargoed two JBS meatpacking plants and 13 other companies accused of purchasing cattle coming from areas of illegal deforestation.
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h41
- World Anti-Doping Agency Audits Brazilian Authority
This week, ABCD (Brazilian Doping Control Agency), the federal entity for combating doping attached to the Ministry of Sports, will undergo an audit from WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h39
- Training and Technology Postpone Athletes' Retirement
Citius, altius, fortius.
Published on 03/06/2017 - 11h07
- Most Football Fans in São Paulo Do Not Know the Players' Names
Most of the fans of Corinthians, Palmeiras, São Paulo and Santos who live in São Paulo do not know any players' names of their team.
Published on 03/01/2017 - 12h19
- Brazil to Import Coffee for the First Time in its History
In order to help reduce the financial bitterness of coffee, caused by a shortage in one of the types of coffee produced in Brazil, the government has opened up a window of four months for importation.
Published on 02/21/2017 - 11h21
- Brazilian Olympic Committee Looks for Private Sponsors
Six months after the Olympics, the contracts between private sponsors and the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB) haven't been renewed and the entity isn't receiving payments anymore from Nike, Nissan and Bradesco.
Published on 02/16/2017 - 10h36