- Flora and Fauna Inspire Mascots for Rio Olympic Games
One represents animal diversity. The other, an amalgamation of the country's flora.
Published on 11/24/2014 - 08h30
- Pele's Son and Former Goalkeeper Edinho Is Arrested in the Coastal City of Praia Grande
Pele's son and former goalkeeper Edson Cholbi Nascimento, nicknamed Edinho, was arrested on Tuesday afternoon (18) at Praia Grande Forum (São Paulo coast).
Published on 11/19/2014 - 09h12
- Palmeiras New Stadium Opens After Two-Year Delay
Four months after the end of the World Cup, Brazil has a new football stadium starting this Wednesday (19).
Published on 11/19/2014 - 08h54
- Pelé Goes Under Surgery to Remove Kidney Stones
Brazilian football legend, Pelé, 74, has undergone surgery for the removal of kidney stones at the Albert Einstein Hospital in southern São Paulo, on Thursday morning, November 13th.
Published on 11/14/2014 - 10h33
- Interlagos Will Have The First F1 Covered Paddock
When the F1 ends in Interlagos, this Sunday (9), after the Brazilian GP race, the penultimate round of the Championship this year will also be the end for its cramped and outdated facilities.
Published on 11/05/2014 - 08h42
- Neymar Becomes 2nd Youngest Player to Reach 40-Goal Mark for Brazil
Neymar woke up with a cold on Tuesday (14), feeling weak and unwell.
Published on 10/15/2014 - 08h47
- Dunga Irritated by Question About Gesture to Argentine Bench
Dunga, manager of the Brazilian national football team, fought once again with the press on Monday (13), after a period of relative calm since he took over as manager in July.
Published on 10/14/2014 - 08h51
- Pelé Criticizes Reaction of Santos Goalkeeper to Racist Offenses
For Pelé, 73, the Santos goalkeeper Aranha was "hasty" in his response to Grêmio supporters who directed monkey chants at him during the Copa do Brasil match in Porto Alegre, on August 28.
Published on 09/11/2014 - 09h03
- Brazilian Football Club Grêmio Is Disqualified After Historic Ruling of Racism
The Brazilian Court of Arbitration for Sport passed a unanimous vote to have the Brazilian football club Grêmio kicked out of the Brazilian Cup championship.
Published on 09/04/2014 - 09h11
- Brazilian Football Already Has 12 Accusations of Racism in 2014
"Stinky nigger," Grêmio fans shouted at the goalkeeper of Santos, Aranha, during the football match in Porto Alegre on Thursday, August 28. "Monkey," others called him.
Published on 09/01/2014 - 08h43