Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Inhotim Institute Founder Bernardo Paz Found Guilty of Money Laundering
Businessman Bernardo de Mello Paz, who conceived the Inhotim museum in the 1980s, was sentenced to nine years and three months in jail for moving money between companies where he was a partner in order to launder money.
Published on 11/17/2017 - 12h56
- Court Orders Release of Brazil's Former Olympic Chief Carlos Nuzman
Brazilian justices of the sixth Panel of the Superior Court of Justice granted habeas corpus to Carlos Arthur Nuzman, 76, former chief of the Brazilian Olympic Committee, who was under preventive detention, on Thursday (19).
Published on 10/20/2017 - 10h42
- Brazilian Police Arrest Olympics Chief Carlos Nuzman in Alleged Vote-Buying Scheme
The Federal Police arrested the president of the Brazilian Olympic Committee, Carlos Arthur Nuzman, 75, as well as his main ally in the Rio-16 Organizing Committee, Leonardo Gryner, on the morning of Thursday (the 5th). They are both suspected of resorting to vote-buying in order for Rio to host the Olympics.
Published on 10/05/2017 - 13h19
- Prosecutors Point Brazilian Olympic Committee President As Link in Vote-Buying Scheme in Rio-16
President of the Brazilian Olympic Committee for more than 20 years, Carlos Arthur Nuzman was the target of Operation Unfair Play, which investigates the alleged buying of votes for the election of Rio de Janeiro as the venue for the 2016 Olympics.
Published on 09/06/2017 - 10h47
- Lava Jato Looks Into Possible Vote-Buying in Decision for Rio to Host 2016 Olympics
The Brazilian Federal Police launched Operation "Unfair Play" on Tuesday morning (the 5th), seeking to put behind bars businessman Arthur Menezes de Soares (known as "King Arthur") and Eliane Cavalcante, partners at multiple firms that provide outsourced labor services to the Rio de Janeiro government.
Published on 09/05/2017 - 14h11
- Chapecoense Soccer Team Will Not Pay for Trip of Victims' Families to Meet with the Pope
At the end of July, the managers of Chapecoense soccer team sent a message to the WhatsApp group of the families of the victims of the airplane crash that killed nearly the entire team last year.
Published on 08/10/2017 - 10h08
- Rio-16 Committee Requests Help from Different Levels of Government to Tackle US$40 Million in Debt
The Rio Olympic Committee is negotiating with all three levels of government in order to try and tackle its multi-million dollar debt.
Published on 08/08/2017 - 09h16
- Neymar's Father: a Shield Protecting the Career and Fortune of PSG's Newest Star
Neymar da Silva Santos is the soldier fighting in the trenches for Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. He won't back away from a fight, earning him solid friendships, the admiration of his son and the anger of his enemies.
Published on 08/07/2017 - 10h03
- Public Money Invested in the Olympics Benefited Rio, Says Nuzman, President of the Brazilian Olympic Committee
Rio de Janeiro-born Carlos Arthur Nuzman, 75, faced a rare challenge in the last decade. He planned, organized and held the Olympics in Rio.
Published on 08/04/2017 - 10h29
- Rio Olympic Velodrome Catches Fire, Causing Damages
The Rio Olympic Velodrome in Barra da Tijuca, a neighborhood in the western district of Rio de Janeiro, caught fire early Sunday morning (the 30th).
Published on 07/31/2017 - 09h25