- "It's a Dream to Win in Rio de Janeiro," Says Brazil's Surfing Leader Filipe Toledo
São Paulo's Filipe Toledo, 20, used the word "dream" to define what he was feeling after he won the Rio de Janeiro round of the World Surf League on Sunday, May 17, on Barra da Tijuca beach.
Published on 05/18/2015 - 10h09
- Pelé Is Readmitted to Hospital and Undergoes Surgery
The three times world champion Pelé, 74, has been hospitalized since Wednesday (May 6th) at the Albert Einstein hospital in São Paulo, where he underwent prostate surgery.
Published on 05/08/2015 - 08h30
- Brazil's Marathon Runners Among the World's Slowest
Brazil's marathon runners are among the slowest in the world. They are literally miles behind runners from Spain or Iceland; and they also lose out to Costa Ricans and their "hermanos" from Argentina.
Published on 04/28/2015 - 09h25
- US Baseball League Invests in Brazil
Increasingly, Brazilians have been interested in American sports. In conversation circles, soccer has, for some time, given way to basketball and football in the US. In addition to these sports, baseball has also earned its place.
Published on 04/06/2015 - 10h05
- Evidence of Fraud Is Found in Neymar Transfer and Clubs Are Charged US$ 27 Million
Owner of 40% of Neymar's economic rights before his move to Barcelona, the group of investors DIS sees "strong evidence" of fraud in the transfer of the player from Santos to Barcelona.
Published on 04/02/2015 - 09h41
- Two Brazilian States Bypassed Biddings to Hire German Company Suspected of Bribery
The governments of the states of Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais hired without bidding the German company Mauell, a subsidiary of Bilfinger in Brazil, to supply equipment to the Integrated Command and Control Centers (IACC) in two World Cup host cities.
Published on 03/27/2015 - 09h08
- Brazilian Government Limits Football Clubs Spending to 70%
Football clubs will have to limit their gross revenue spending on professional football by 70%.
Published on 03/20/2015 - 09h33
- Neymar Reaches 39 Goals in Barcelona, Ties Romário and Surpasses Maradona
Striker Neymar scored this Sunday (15) for Barcelona and helped the team reach a score of 5-0 over Levante during the Spanish Championship.
Published on 02/17/2015 - 09h54
- Mineirão Receives Signed Shirt from German World Cup Winners
An event as surprising as Brazil's 7-1 thrashing at the hands of Germany at last year's World Cup is not easily forgotten, especially given that Brazil were playing at home.
Published on 02/10/2015 - 09h06
- Brazilian Woman Aims to Become Stand Up Paddle World Champion for Second Time
Next Friday (6), Nicole Pacelli, 23, is due to compete in the Stand Up Paddle World Championship, hoping to become champion for a second time.
Published on 02/03/2015 - 09h20