Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- After a Series of Defeats in Rio 2016, Brazil's Male Judo Team Gets a Strategy Revamp
Brazil's Olympic results this summer soared way above all expectations. There was only one blot on an otherwise spotless record: the shakey performance of Brazil's male judo team. And that's considering the country's reputation for producing greats in this field.
Published on 10/28/2016 - 12h49
- One Week Overdue, Rio-2016 Still Hasn't Paid Back Refunds to Fans
One week after the deadline stipulated by the Rio-2016 Organizing Committee to pay back reimbursements for tickets to the Olympic Games purchased by consumers, thousands of fans still haven't gotten back the amount that they have the right to.
Published on 10/27/2016 - 12h15
- Brazilian Football Legend Carlos Alberto Dies Aged 72 in Rio
Carlos Alberto Torres, the best right back in Brazil's football history, died following a heart attack this Tuesday (25).
Published on 10/26/2016 - 10h59
- Judge Suspends President and Four Leading Members of the Aquatic Sport Confederation
Federal judge Heraldo Garcia Vitta, of the 21st Civil Court, ruled immediate suspension for the president of the CBDA (Brazilian Aquatic Sport Federation), 78-year old Coaracy Nunes, after a allegation was brought against him last month by the Federal Public Ministry in São Paulo.
Published on 10/25/2016 - 13h58
- Olympic Swimmer Ana Marcela Cunha To Have Spleen Removed Due to Illness
Ana Marcela Cunha, the 24 year old swimming champion from Bahia, in Brazil's North East, will be forced to take time out of her intense training schedule at the end of this year.
Published on 10/21/2016 - 11h08
- Brazilian Public Bank Aided Odebrecht in Construction of Corinthians Stadium with R$ 350 Million
In 2014, construction company Odebrecht made a confidential transaction with Caixa Econômica Federal, a government-owned financial institution, to cover a million-dollar deficit in the construction of Itaquerão, the stadium of soccer team Corinthians, which staged the opening of the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil.
Published on 10/10/2016 - 11h16
- After 3 Years, Rio Still Hasn't Received Anything for the Maracanã Concession
Three years after transferring the Maracanã stadium to the private sector, the government of the State of Rio de Janeiro still hasn't received payment from the consortium that won the bid for the arena's concession.
Published on 09/29/2016 - 12h24
- FIFA Imposes 1 Fine in Every 3 Games for Homophobia in South American Elimination Rounds
With special attention given to the Russia Soccer World Cup to be held in 2018 and given the country's background filled with fans with discriminatory attitudes, Fifa, the world's governing body of soccer, developed a monitoring program used during the playoffs to dispute the World Cup.
Published on 09/23/2016 - 11h13
- São Paulo Police Identify Malaysians Who Run a Game Fixing Mafia
As part of the ongoing 'Operation Game Over' that is investigating the fixing of soccer championships here in Brazil to benefit criminal groups that operate on betting exchanges in Asian countries, the São Paulo Civil Police have identified two Malaysians who are now the primary suspects in running the scheme in Brazil.
Published on 09/20/2016 - 15h06
- Ex-Coach of the Brazilian Football Team Mano Menezes Says Football Problems Are Structural
The ex-coach of the Brazilian football team and current trainer for Cruzeiro, 54-year old Mano Menezes, believes that the country's football is suffering from structural problems.
Published on 09/20/2016 - 11h44