Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Odebrecht Informers' Videos and Reports Implicate President Temer, Sen. Aécio Neves and Ex Presidents Lula and Rousseff
Video recorded statements and written reports of informers of construction company Odebrecht implicate Brazilian President Michel Temer (PMDB), former presidents Lula and Dilma Rousseff, of the PT, Senator Aécio Neves (PSDB-MG), and dozens of other politicians.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h39
- Tennis Federation Cuts Funds for Athletes, but Increases It for Top Officials
After suffering a reduction of 76% from last year's amount in the sponsorship contract with the Post Office, the CBT (Brazilian Tennis Confederation) cut employees and reduced the monthly allowance that it provides to top tennis players in the country.
Published on 04/13/2017 - 12h30
- IBAMA Action Against Deforestation Impacts JBS Meatpacking Plants
In an anti-deforestation action in the Amazon this week, IBAMA (Brazilian Environmental Protection Agency) embargoed two JBS meatpacking plants and 13 other companies accused of purchasing cattle coming from areas of illegal deforestation.
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h41
- World Anti-Doping Agency Audits Brazilian Authority
This week, ABCD (Brazilian Doping Control Agency), the federal entity for combating doping attached to the Ministry of Sports, will undergo an audit from WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).
Published on 03/23/2017 - 11h39
- Training and Technology Postpone Athletes' Retirement
Citius, altius, fortius.
Published on 03/06/2017 - 11h07
- Most Football Fans in São Paulo Do Not Know the Players' Names
Most of the fans of Corinthians, Palmeiras, São Paulo and Santos who live in São Paulo do not know any players' names of their team.
Published on 03/01/2017 - 12h19
- Brazil to Import Coffee for the First Time in its History
In order to help reduce the financial bitterness of coffee, caused by a shortage in one of the types of coffee produced in Brazil, the government has opened up a window of four months for importation.
Published on 02/21/2017 - 11h21
- Brazilian Olympic Committee Looks for Private Sponsors
Six months after the Olympics, the contracts between private sponsors and the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB) haven't been renewed and the entity isn't receiving payments anymore from Nike, Nissan and Bradesco.
Published on 02/16/2017 - 10h36
- After the Olympics, 14 Stadiums in Rio de Janeiro Are Closed
Six months after the opening of the Rio Olympic Games, 14 stadiums that were involved in the event are closed.
Published on 02/13/2017 - 11h53
- Odebrecht Says it Will Pay Maracanã Stadium's US$ 316,000 Electric Bill
The Maracanã S.A. consortium, which is led by Odebrecht, promised it would pay off R$ 1 million (US$ 316,000) in debt, owed to electricity company Light. The stadium's electricity supply got cut off.
Published on 01/27/2017 - 16h51