Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- 14 Companies Go to Court Against World Cup Organizers Over Default
Businessman Daniel Okamoto has bad memories of the World Cup 2014, but not because of the 7-1 defeat that Germany imposed to Brazil.
Published on 05/25/2016 - 12h44
- Pelé Alleges a Medical Error in His First Hip Replacement Surgery
According to Brazilian football legend Pelé, 75, doctors have told him that an error was made during a hip-replacement operation he underwent in 2012.
Published on 04/07/2016 - 11h58
- 29 Corinthians Fans Arrested After Football Match for Attacking Palmeiras Fans
29 Gaviōes da Fiel fans (from Corinthians) were arrested on Sunday night (3) following the Palmeiras and Corinthians match, after they attacked three individuals near the Clínicas metro station on Dr. Arnaldo Avenue, in the capital's west zone.
Published on 04/04/2016 - 10h00
- Rio Government Unveils Reurbanisation Plan After Demolishing Most of Favela
The day on which one of the last houses in the Vila Autódromo slum was demolished, the city government of Rio de Janeiro announced the long promised and much delayed reurbanisation plan for the area, which is located along the road to the Olympic Park, in Barra da Tijuca, in the west of Rio.
Published on 03/09/2016 - 10h35
- Olympic Area of Rio Sees Explosion in Dengue Cases
Barra da Tijuca and Jacarepaguá, the area in the west of Rio de Janeiro which will host the main events in the upcoming Olympic Games, has registered an explosion in dengue cases since the beginning of the year.
Published on 03/04/2016 - 15h55
- Fear of Disease Harms Brazilian Equestrianism on the Eve of the Olympic Games
The fear of glanders, a lethal equine disease, is affecting the schedule of all countries for the equestrianism competitions of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. But it harms Brazil especially.
Published on 02/29/2016 - 08h31
- Military Forecast over 100 Athletes and Goal of Ten Medals at Rio 2016 Olympics
Instead of holding their tears, they stand at attention. Instead of feeling relieved for winning a medal, they hold their rigid salute.
Published on 02/22/2016 - 08h45
- Rio Has Much Work to do with Sale of Tickets for Paralympics Slower than Expected
200 days until the opening of the Rio Paralympics, Brazil still has much work to do if it is to claim the right to hear the famous phrase that closes the event: "they were the greatest Games of all time".
Published on 02/19/2016 - 10h30
- Palmeiras May Have to Play Home Games Elsewhere During Libertadores
Palmeiras may have to play their home games in the Copa Libertadores outside the Allianz Parque, its home ground. The team's first home game is against Argentina's Rosário Central on March 2.
Published on 02/12/2016 - 16h14
- Brazil's Financial Crisis Hurting Technical Quality of Brazilian Football
The football transfer market in Brazil is being badly hit by the country's ongoing financial crisis. In terms of spending, the January transfer window was one of the more modest in recent years. This has meant a fall in the technical quality of the clubs.
Published on 02/02/2016 - 09h06