Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 14/08/02013
Latest from Galleries Section
- FIFA: Itaquerão Stadium in São Paulo Will Not Be Ready Until April
The FIFA President Joseph Blatter revealed on Thursday that the Itaquerão stadium, in São Paulo, will not be ready until mid-April. Last week, an accident involving a crane damaged part of the structure and killed two construction workers.
Published on 12/06/2013 - 09h18
- Stadium Delays Cause FIFA to Sell Less World Cup Tickets
Delays in completing World Cup 2014 stadiums will cause tickets for these arenas to have sales deferred to the beginning of the second phase of sales.
Published on 12/05/2013 - 09h03
- Pelé Will Have a Prominent Role in the World Cup Draw
Pelé's participation in the World Cup draw is being kept a secret by the directors of the event.
Published on 12/03/2013 - 08h46
- Curitiba and Cuiabá Stadiums Worry FIFA
On the eve of the draw for the 2014 World Cup, which takes place on Friday (6), the stadiums in Cuiabá and Curitiba are worrying FIFA.
Published on 12/03/2013 - 08h20
- Ministry Interdicts Use of Cranes After Stadium Accident
Until the causes of the accident that killed two employees are clarified, the Ministry of Labour and Employment has banned the use of the nine cranes that are currently in Itaquerão construction site, the stadium that is being built on the East Zone of São Paulo scheduled to host the World Cup 2014 opening.
Published on 11/29/2013 - 08h23
- Nilton Santos, "Football Encyclopedia", Dies at 88
Nilton Santos, left-back with the World Cup-winning Brazilian teams of 1958 and 1962, died on Wednesday at the age of 88.
Published on 11/28/2013 - 09h25
- With No Plan B, Fifa Will Accept Delays in Stadium Construction
If relying on project delays caused by Wednesday's accident, the chances that Itaquerão (Corinthians stadium) will not be hosting World Cup 2014 games, including the opening match, is minimal.
Published on 11/28/2013 - 09h05
- Roof Falls and Destroys Part of Itaquerão Bleachers; Builder Confirms Deaths
The last piece of the roof being installed with a crane at Itaquerão collapsed around noon on Wednesday, destroying part of the bleachers of the future Corinthians stadium and leading to deaths.
Published on 11/27/2013 - 14h56
- Host Cities Will Receive 1,400 Men Troop During World Cup
The Ministry of Defense will send troops with about 1,400 men each to the 2014 World Cup host cities.
Published on 11/27/2013 - 08h20
- Brazilian Grand Prix F1 to Hold Race with a Hole on the Circuit
A few days from the Brazil GP F1, which will take place this Sunday, the Interlagos track circuit has an issue, though it is said it should not affect the competition.
Published on 11/22/2013 - 09h34