Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Prosecutors Point Brazilian Olympic Committee President As Link in Vote-Buying Scheme in Rio-16
President of the Brazilian Olympic Committee for more than 20 years, Carlos Arthur Nuzman was the target of Operation Unfair Play, which investigates the alleged buying of votes for the election of Rio de Janeiro as the venue for the 2016 Olympics.
Published on 09/06/2017 - 10h47
- Lava Jato Looks Into Possible Vote-Buying in Decision for Rio to Host 2016 Olympics
The Brazilian Federal Police launched Operation "Unfair Play" on Tuesday morning (the 5th), seeking to put behind bars businessman Arthur Menezes de Soares (known as "King Arthur") and Eliane Cavalcante, partners at multiple firms that provide outsourced labor services to the Rio de Janeiro government.
Published on 09/05/2017 - 14h11
- Chapecoense Soccer Team Will Not Pay for Trip of Victims' Families to Meet with the Pope
At the end of July, the managers of Chapecoense soccer team sent a message to the WhatsApp group of the families of the victims of the airplane crash that killed nearly the entire team last year.
Published on 08/10/2017 - 10h08
- Rio-16 Committee Requests Help from Different Levels of Government to Tackle US$40 Million in Debt
The Rio Olympic Committee is negotiating with all three levels of government in order to try and tackle its multi-million dollar debt.
Published on 08/08/2017 - 09h16
- Neymar's Father: a Shield Protecting the Career and Fortune of PSG's Newest Star
Neymar da Silva Santos is the soldier fighting in the trenches for Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. He won't back away from a fight, earning him solid friendships, the admiration of his son and the anger of his enemies.
Published on 08/07/2017 - 10h03
- Public Money Invested in the Olympics Benefited Rio, Says Nuzman, President of the Brazilian Olympic Committee
Rio de Janeiro-born Carlos Arthur Nuzman, 75, faced a rare challenge in the last decade. He planned, organized and held the Olympics in Rio.
Published on 08/04/2017 - 10h29
- Rio Olympic Velodrome Catches Fire, Causing Damages
The Rio Olympic Velodrome in Barra da Tijuca, a neighborhood in the western district of Rio de Janeiro, caught fire early Sunday morning (the 30th).
Published on 07/31/2017 - 09h25
- Brazilian Prosecutors to Look Into Accusations Against Former President of the CBF in Spain
The Prosecutor General's Office intends to investigate, in Brazil, the accusations brought by Spanish authorities against Ricardo Teixeira, 70, former president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (known by its Portuguese acronym as CBF).
Published on 07/19/2017 - 10h25
- 'There Is No Safer Place to Be Than Brazil,' Says Former President of the Brazilian Football Confederation
Suspected of having received bribes to help elect Qatar as host of the 2022 World Cup, Ricardo Teixeira, 70, former president of the Brazilian Football Confederation, called the accusations of the "Garcia Report", released on Tuesday (27th) by FIFA, "ridiculous".
Published on 06/28/2017 - 09h28
- Santa Catarina Soccer Team Used by Pogba and Ibrahimovic's Agent Shuts Down Leaving a Trace of Mystery
The end of a soccer team in the third division in the state of Santa Catarina (SC) shouldn't attract much attention. But there is little that is typical about the trajectory of the Maga Esporte Clube. A team that came up out of nowhere, didn't like the media and disappeared without leaving a trace.
Published on 06/27/2017 - 09h24