Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 11/19/2015
- Palmeiras May Have to Play Home Games Elsewhere During Libertadores
Palmeiras may have to play their home games in the Copa Libertadores outside the Allianz Parque, its home ground. The team's first home game is against Argentina's Rosário Central on March 2.
Published on 02/12/2016 - 16h14
- Brazil's Financial Crisis Hurting Technical Quality of Brazilian Football
The football transfer market in Brazil is being badly hit by the country's ongoing financial crisis. In terms of spending, the January transfer window was one of the more modest in recent years. This has meant a fall in the technical quality of the clubs.
Published on 02/02/2016 - 09h06
- Ultra-Cyclist Dies While Training on Rio-Santos Road in São Paulo
The ultra-cyclist Claudio Clarindo, 38, died on Monday morning (25) after being run over on the Rio-Santos road, along the São Paulo coast. He was with another cyclist, Jacob Amorim, who was injured in the accident.
Published on 01/26/2016 - 09h10
- After Hip Surgery in US Hospital, Pelé Arrives Back in Brazil
After spending some time in New York for a hip surgery, former football player Pelé, 75, returned to Brazil on Thursday (21). He disembarked in Sao Paulo and is believed to have headed to his residence in Guarujá, in Santos area.
Published on 01/22/2016 - 10h23
- Pelé Undergoes Hip Surgery and Receives Physical Therapy Treatment in New York
Former Brazilian football player Pelé, 75, underwent a hip surgery in early December 2015, in the United States, where he is currently resting and receiving physical therapy accompanied by his family. The procedure was done at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, where the former player was hospitalized from December 3 to 7.
Published on 01/15/2016 - 10h24
- Rio breaks contract with companies responsible for Olympic venues
Less than seven months ahead of the Olympics, the Rio de Janeiro City Hall clashed with iBeg Engenharia, a contractor who was leading two projects that are behind schedule for the Games, which will take place in August.
Published on 01/15/2016 - 10h15
- Ex-Brazil Soccer Chief May be Sent to Prison in U.S Unless He Obtains Letter of Credit by Friday
Just a day before the deadline set by the American courts for former Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) president José Maria Marin to submit a US$2 million letter of credit, his lawyers and relatives are still having difficulties obtaining the document.
Published on 01/14/2016 - 10h01
- Brazilian Wendell Lira Wins Puskas Award for Best Goal Over Messi
Before traveling to Zurich, Switzerland, for FIFA's Puskás Award - awarded to the scorer of the year's best goal - Wendell Lira, 27, from Goiás, told Folha that just having the opportunity to enter world football history was like a dream come true.
Published on 01/12/2016 - 09h40
- Presence of South Americans Gives São Paulo an Advantage at the 2016 Libertadores Cup
"Our new language", joked Gustavo Oliveira, Director of Soccer in São Paulo, after receiving the Chilean Mena with a shy "bienvenido" ("welcome"), on the left side on Friday (8).
Published on 01/11/2016 - 08h18
- São Silvestre Race Will Have Intelligent Anti-Doping Control for the First Time in its History
For the first time in its 91-year history, the São Silvestre Race, one of the city's most traditional road races, will have an intelligent and broad anti-doping control.
Published on 12/29/2015 - 10h37