Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- João Havelange, World Football King and Ex-Fifa Legend, Dies Aged 100
In October 2009 João Havelange savoured the last victory of his career. Dean of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), he was one of the real backing forces behind Rio's successful campaign to host the Olympics in 2016.
Published on 08/17/2016 - 12h38
- João Havelange, Who Lead FIFA from 74 to 98, Has Died at 100 Years in Rio
Former FIFA President João Havelange died on Thursday, the 16th, at 100 years of age, in Rio de Janeiro. He had been hospitalized since last week at the Samaritano Hospital with pneumonia.
Published on 08/16/2016 - 13h11
- Brazilian Police Arrest Seven People for Match Fixing
On Wednesday, June 6, the Brazilian Civil Police Department arrested seven people suspected of being members of a gang responsible for match fixing - they allegedly interfered in the results of soccer matches, mainly in the A2 and A3 series of the São Paulo Championship, and lower divisions in the country's North and Northeast regions.
Published on 07/07/2016 - 10h14
- Without Playing Any Games, Club Declares Profit of R$ 2 million and Comes Under Scrutiny by FIFA
A small soccer club in the countryside of São Paulo managed to pull off an incredible feat in 2015. The SEV- Hortolândia club managed a surplus of R$ 2.7 million (US$ 750,000) in its balance sheet at the same time that major teams were recording millions in losses.
Published on 06/23/2016 - 10h49
- New Coach of Brazilian National Team Says That He Draws His Inspiration from the 1982 World Cup Team
New national coach Tite is a fan of Telê Santana and of the generation that lost the 1982 World Cup.
Published on 06/21/2016 - 10h41
- With a Weakened CBF, Tite Becomes the Coach of the Brazilian Soccer Team and Appoints Colleagues to Coaching Staff
After nearly twenty-fours of expectations, at the end of Wednesday afternoon, June 15, Tite was confirmed as the new coach of Brazil's national soccer team.
Published on 06/16/2016 - 10h07
- CBF President Fires Dunga, and Corinthians' Coach Is Chosen to Lead Brazil
Dunga is no longer the Brazilian national team's coach. He was fired on Tuesday (14) during a meeting with the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF, in its Portuguese acronym), Marco Polo Del Nero.
Published on 06/15/2016 - 11h01
- Brazil Ejected from Copa America in Worst Performance Since 1923
With one draw, one loss and one win, Brazil was eliminated from the Copa America Centenario on Sunday (12). Its performance rate was just 44.4%. This is the worst result for the Brazilian team since the 1923 tournament.
Published on 06/14/2016 - 10h23
- 2014 World Cup Arenas Prove to Be 'White Elephants'
Exactly two years after the opening match of the 2014 World Cup, the venues that received the matches suffer with poor attendance.
Published on 06/13/2016 - 09h30
- 14 Companies Go to Court Against World Cup Organizers Over Default
Businessman Daniel Okamoto has bad memories of the World Cup 2014, but not because of the 7-1 defeat that Germany imposed to Brazil.
Published on 05/25/2016 - 12h44