Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Judiciary Vetoes Plan to Sell JBS Corporation Business Units
The judiciary halted a plan by JBS Corporation's owners to deal with the crisis in the company's reputation. In a decision released on Wednesday (the 21st), federal judge Ricardo Leite, from the Federal District, vetoed the sale of business units from the corporation to rival Minerva.
Published on 06/22/2017 - 09h13
- Brazil's Economic Team Reduces G.D.P. Forecast
The extended political crisis begun by the accusations against President Michel Temer made the Brazilian government's economic team reduce the forecast for the Gross Domestic Product (G.D.P.) recovery in 2017.
Published on 06/22/2017 - 08h39
- Owners of JBS Corporation Seek to Raise US$ 4.5 billion Through Sale of Assets
In order to tackle the crisis of confidence created by their recent plea-bargains, Joesley and Wesley Batista have put different business units up for sale and are seeking to raise at least R$15 billion (US$ 4.5 billion) in the next few months.
Published on 06/21/2017 - 09h14
- Government Suffers Defeat in Labor Reform Vote at Committee
The government suffered a defeat in the labor reform in the Senate on Tuesday (20), with the rejection of the report by Ricardo Ferraço (PSDB-ES), by 10 votes to 9 in the Committee on Social Affairs. The rejection is a setback to the government, which counts with the approval of the reform.
Published on 06/21/2017 - 08h47
- JBS Drops Friboi from Product Labels
After investing millions in promotional campaigns to promote Friboi with celebrities such Tony Ramos and Roberto Carlos, JBS switched strategies and stopped printing the name of the company on product labels.
Published on 06/20/2017 - 08h55
- Brazilian Markets Reflect Investor Resilience
When Michel Temer, Brazil's president, was recently caught on tape allegedly endorsing bribes, markets briefly went into a tailspin, as investors feared an ambitious reform programme aimed at restoring fiscal health for Latin America's largest country was in jeopardy.
Published on 06/19/2017 - 09h38
- Joesley Batista Returns to Brazil and Says that He Wasn't 'Sightseeing on Fifth Avenue'
Joesley Batista, co-owner of JBS Corporation, has been back in Brazil since Sunday (the 11th) and said that he had left the country to "protect the integrity of his family".
Published on 06/14/2017 - 12h37
- Brazil's Rio State Ex-governor, Sentenced to 14 Years in Prison
Judge Sergio Moro sentenced ex-governor Sérgio Cabral (Brazilian Democratic Movement Party) to 14 years and 2 months in prison, condemning him for the charges of corruption and money laundering, in addition to levying a fine of nearly R$600,000 (US$ 182,000).
Published on 06/14/2017 - 12h33
- Length-of-Service Guarantee Fund and Holiday Boost Retail, but Rise Is Short-Breathed
Driven by food and clothing sales, retail registered a significant rise in April.
Published on 06/14/2017 - 12h05
- Brazilian Securities Comission Condemns Eike Batista to Pay US$ 6.3 million Fine
Businessman Eike Batista was fined R$ 21 million (US$ 6.3 million) by the Brazilian Securities Commission (CVM), accused of using inside information on the sale of OSX company shares in 2013.
Published on 06/14/2017 - 11h50