Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Brazil Trucker Strike Hits Suppliers of Consumer Staples
Multinationals operating in Brazil are counting the cost to their revenues following a nationwide trucker's strike that brought the country to a near standstill, disrupting supplies and hitting Latin America's largest economy.
Published on 06/20/2018 - 10h52
- President of the Brazilian Football Confederation Sidelined by International Soccer Leaders
The main VIP box at the soccer stadium in Rostov, where Brazil debuted in the World Cup, helped reveal how little influence Brazil currently has over the sport.
Published on 06/19/2018 - 12h01
- Inmates Had Rifle and Explosives in Northern Brazil Prison
The attempted mass breakout from a prison in greater Belém, in the Brazilian state of Pará, which ended with 21 people killed on Tuesday afternoon, April 10, had inmates armed with a rifle and explosives.
Published on 04/12/2018 - 12h04
- Supreme Court Justice Authorizes Maluf to Serve Sentence in House Arrest
On Wednesday, March 28, Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Dias Toffoli authorized Congressman Paulo Maluf (PP-SP), 86, to serve his sentence in house arrest. Maluf has been in the jail of Papuda, in Brasília, since December 2017.
Published on 03/29/2018 - 11h19
- São Paulo and Amazonas Will Receive 530 Venezuelans Who Are In Roraima
At the beginning of March, the government will transfer 530 Venezuelan refugees who are in the state of Roraima to the states of São Paulo and Amazonas. The decision was made in a meeting of the federal committee for emergency assistance that took place on Wednesday (the 21st) at the Planalto Palace.
Published on 02/22/2018 - 10h30
- President Temer to Declare Social Emergency in Roraima After Refugee Crisis
In an attempt to make a mark in the area of public security, President Michel Temer became personally involved in the crisis of Venezuelan refugees and will declare a state of social emergency in the state of Roraima.
Published on 02/15/2018 - 10h31
- Majority of Venezuelans Under the Age of 5 Are Malnourished, According to Commission
A report conducted by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, a branch of the Organization of American States, revealed that almost 70% of Venezuelan children under the age of five are malnourished - 15% of which are in extreme condition.
Published on 02/13/2018 - 11h10
- Latin American Elections: a Year of Living Dangerously Lies Ahead
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, it recently took a Kafkaesque detour through Brazilian Federal Court TF4.
Published on 02/07/2018 - 12h37
- Municipality in Santa Catarina Is Demanding War Reparations From German Government
São Francisco do Sul, a municipality in Santa Catarina, is demanding financial compensations from the German government in the form of war reparations.
Published on 01/31/2018 - 10h55
- Brazilians Boost Business and Services Sector in Portugal
The new wave of Brazilians with purchasing power that has settled in Portugal is driving the sectors of services and business, which was nearly inexistent in the country. It is the case of big-budgeted children's parties, for example.
Published on 01/22/2018 - 10h36