Latest Photo Galleries
Published on 04/11/2016
Published on 11/19/2015
- Violent Deaths Reach All Time High and Brazil Records 175 Murders a Day
Brazil's national violent intentional deaths rate rose 3 percent and reached 30.8 deaths for each 100,00 people in 2017, when 63,880 people died this way in the country. It's the worst rate in the track record, started in 2013. The average was 175 murders a day.
Published on 08/10/2018 - 13h50
- Overweight People Denounce Medical Negligence Using the Hashtag #medicalfatphobia
Overweight Brazilians are using the hashtag #gordofobiamédica (#medicalfatphobia) on social media to disclose their experience with healthcare professionals, that range from rude comments about their weight to doctors' complete disregard to their patients' health.
Published on 08/07/2018 - 08h39
- Seven Historical Theaters in Brazil Worth Checking Out
Casa da Ópera, Ouro Preto (Minas Gerais)
Published on 07/30/2018 - 13h23
- More Brazilians Adopt Conscious Consumerism
A healthy life is the top priority on the wish list of Brazilian consumers. Access to clean water, a diet of fresh and nutritious food, free time to spend with people they like, reducing the amount of trash and the impact of energy production are also in their ranking of preferences, which shows a sustainable lifestyle.
Published on 07/26/2018 - 12h48
- Literary Festival Flip to Begin on Wednesday, honoring Hilda Hilst
The Paraty International Literary Festival (Flip), which will begin on Wednesday (the 25th) and will be held in honor of Hilda Hilst, took yet another step in the direction it had been hinting at over the past few years. Instead of celebrating the great authors of the literary canon, the festival has opted to prioritize those that are on the outside or are considered candidates that could one compose the literary canon.
Published on 07/25/2018 - 12h34
- Canyons and Waterfalls Seen in Helicopter Tour over Southern Brazil's Mountains
Just a weekend is not enough to enjoy all the possibilities of one of the most traditional destinations in Brazilian winter, the "sibling" cities of Gramado and Canela, in the state of Rio Grande do Sul.
Published on 06/28/2018 - 12h54
- Chef Defends Union of Amazonian Countries through Cooking
"We want Amazonian cuisine to unite Latin America," said Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, a Peruvian chef who has been exploring the forest for 17 years.
Published on 06/27/2018 - 11h21
- A Mother Gives Her Child Up for Adoption Every Three Days in Brazil
A study carried out by Folha shows that, every three days, at least one mother seeks courts to give her baby up for adoption in Brazil.
Published on 06/25/2018 - 12h19
- Brazil's Soccer Team Looks for a Leader to Fill the Vacant Captain Role
The World Cup has already begun and, at the very least, Brazil - which lacks a leader out on the pitch - will need to muster up the strength to tie its upcoming match against Serbia on Wednesday (the 6th) if it wants to advance to the round of sixteen.
Published on 06/25/2018 - 11h55
- A Trump Admirer, Bolsonaro Tries to Initiate Relationship with White House
The Family of Presidential Hopeful Jair Bolsonaro (PSL Party) has sent representatives located in the United States to try to initiate a relationship with American President Donald Trump.
Published on 06/21/2018 - 11h47